Pages

Thursday, April 4

The tough life of an Auburn fan

I believe in Auburn and I love it. 

Yet again, there is another allegation against Auburn. Auburn fans knew this afternoon about the report long before ESPN started spinning its wheels. Since ol' Gene Chizik brought my ever so beloved Cam Newton to The Plains, Auburn has spent 99% of its time in the news for nothing positive. But am I surprised? No. Am I ever surprised when I see Auburn in the news? No. Am I even ever surprised when 99% of the nation is more concerned with a college football scandal than the future of our country? No.

Its hard at times to love a university and a team that for some reason everybody that isn't an Auburn fan hates (which I don't see why anyone has a valid reason to hate Auburn, unless you're a Bama fan then its just understood). Its like people wait to see what's going to come next. In all honesty, so are the fans.

Amazingly, when Auburn gets "in trouble" and we (the fans) band together in support and continue to say "War Eagle" with pride (granted its sometimes a little bit of embarrassed pride... but its pride), we're mocked and told numerous times how "stupid" we are. However, anytime a thug from UGA is arrested and those fans band together, it's OK. I understand being arrested for drugs and being investigated for NCAA stuff is basically comparing apples to oranges, BUT its still a matter of supporting a university and athletic team you care so passionately for.

By now, I'm used to the nasty comments and the "Roll MF'n Tide" stabs or the horrendous barking from UGA fans. I've learned through my many years as a Tiger fan to take it in stride and go on. It still makes me laugh when people feel the need to tell me how much Auburn sucked last football season. Really? Really? As if I didn't know.

Through all of the drama and scandal only the true Auburn fans survive... and will continue to survive. Auburn has been under investigation before and was cleared. Now, it starts again with another allegation. I have no idea if the allegations are true. I have to wait like every other Auburn and non-Auburn fan in the nation.

Do I hope the allegations are false? Yes. Am I upset that this is even happening? Yes. Am I royally pissed? Yes. Do I still love Auburn? Yes.

I'm so over the rude texts, tweets, and Facebook comments. I don't see it as "all in good fun." Why? Because I see how half of you react when your beloved team of choice gets ragged on. You don't like when its done to you so why do it to someone else?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a little love.