It's 2013 and apparently the stigma of if you aren't married in your early twenties, or even in a serious relationship, you're going to die alone.
I am proudly single and enjoy it. Naturally there are moments where I wish I had someone to share an experience with or talk to regularly, but I genuinely enjoy my single status.
The biggest (and maybe most selfish) reason I enjoy being single right now is I don't have to factor anyone else into my soon-to-be adult life. I don't have to factor someone else's job or job search into my decisions. I don't have to ask someone else if they want to live in Virginia, or North Carolina, or Mississippi.
I can simply deal with myself and what I need to accomplish. I can search for jobs wherever I please without consulting someone else. At times, I want to talk about my job search and the states I'm looking into, but I do so not looking for someone's genuine opinion--I just want a sounding board. I want to include my parents in the process, but I am not asking for their opinion on what I should do. I am almost 24 and am more than capable of making my own decisions on whether I want to live in a particular state, take a certain job, etc. Naturally, I value my parents' opinions and do often ask if I am on the right track or how exactly to do something, but I take what they say to heart and make my decisions wisely.
I'm genuinely OK with the thought of never being married. I'm not saying I don't want to be married but I refuse to settle or chase after love--or marriage. That great love and the sweet marriage I do hope for will either come along or it won't. I would like to get married and I would like to have children, but if that isn't what God has planned for me, then that's just how it is. I trust Him.
Only time will tell and I try to keep a positive spirit about all, even on my pitiful days.
Friday, January 25
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Feel free to leave a little love.