Hi, I'm Michelle and if you refer to me as a "belle" I will drop kick you. No, but seriously. Since when did all of this "belle" nonsense come about? When people on Twitter started over-using it for literally everything. It's in a majority of people's Twitter names and most guys refer to every single girl on Twitter as a "belle" but when I've asked what they classify as a "belle" they can't answer me and when they can, they're practically putting Scarlett O'Hara and June Cleaver all rolled into one person. If I'm your girlfriend, call me that. Don't call me your "belle". What do you do, walk up to your mom and say, "Hi Mom, this is my belle, Michelle?" NO, you don't. Get a grip.
It's cute if it's in your name just to be there, but if every single tweet is about being a belle or how to be a belle, odds are you probably aren't one AND if you have to get belle tips or gent tips off of Twitter, you don't deserve to be considered either.
Ok, sorry for the rant. I literally think these same thoughts every time I see it on Twitter, which is every 2.2 seconds.
Monday, October 24
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
HAHAHA AMEN TO THAT GIRL!!!!!
ReplyDeleteMost people don't realize it, but my twitter name has nothing to do with being a southern belle (although I am) and everything to do with it being French. belle = beautiful and vierge = virgin. Ta-da! C'est moi.
ReplyDeleteThis just made my day. I think that too! XO
ReplyDelete