If you know me personally or if you follow me on Twitter, you know that I'm basically obsessed. Lately, however, this obsession has turned into nothing of the sort. I find myself reading my Twitter timeline but refusing to tweet or reply to someone's tweet because lately I have constantly felt attacked, attacked for everything I say. It's to the point that I'm seriously considering deactivating my account. You can deactivate your Twitter for 30 days without losing all of your stuff.
Maybe, "attacked" is too strong of a word for this purpose but it's how I feel.
Being attacked in real life by people that actually know me is one thing and I've always been one to stand my ground and defend my words and actions but being attacked by some random person on a social networking site that wouldn't know me if I walked in the door and sat down beside them just really makes me mad. I couldn't even quote the news last night without someone commenting back some kind of unnecessary comment. Feeling like I can't be myself and speak my mind makes Twitter less fun and interesting. I've never been afraid to speak up, which has gotten my rear end in more trouble that I can care to count, but I feel like it's rude on my part to go back at these people. I feel like if I go back at them for being snide, then I'm just as guilty.
People walk up to me and always comment on how funny my tweets are so I don't understand how these people feel the need to say snarky comments to me the times I choose to be serious. The other day I commented on deleting Twitter and a lot of many messaged and commented back telling me not to, which was comforting, oddly.
My mom has said over the last few months that I've been too consumed in Twitter and the people I interact with on it and it's taken me this long to see that she was right. I've lost the real reason for Twitter but in all honesty, I don't think I ever knew the real reason. I tweet just like the celebrities do. I know this because I follow a few celebrities.
I don't know, maybe I'm being petty or maybe I'm just being too sensitive. I'm trying to decrease my amount of tweets and the amount of mentions I make because I'm honestly trying to ween myself off Twitter. I may not completely get rid of it, but I need to definitely chill out a little, I admit that.
Thursday, October 20
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeletesome people are just rude no matter what you do. could you block the people who are being rude so they can't reply to your tweets?
ReplyDeleteDon't deactivate it! I like your tweets.
ReplyDelete