Jason Maxim was the final city guy in the final four on CMT’s new hit show Sweet Home Alabama. Jason was born in Maine but has been a resident of California for almost the last decade, the past two years residing in Hollywood. He spends his time acting, modeling, and helping run a tanning salon with friends.
![]() |
| via |
There was a lot of testosterone flying around the house and tempers flared from time to time between city and country but overall, they all got along. Jason and country guy Cody had a brother-like friendship, the only one in the house it seemed between the city and country. Jason said that they had a mutual respect and were able to learn a lot from one another. Jason’s self-confidence was evident which influenced Devin having an attraction to him. When asked about his initial reaction to Devin and how her age and location factored into things he stated, “Devin was breathtaking. She is beautiful and has a great personality so if there was true love between us I would give it a chance. Before I met her I would never consider a long distance relationship, but with her I would give it a shot.”
I asked Jason what is different about country girls than city girls, I thoroughly agreed with his answer. He said that country girls appear to have more concrete values when it comes to family and God and the lifestyle is slower paced and less materialistic. “Country girls are just so chill and down to earth, they seem to be happy with a date laying in the back of a pickup just looking up at the stars. That to me is very refreshing,” says Jason. As a city guy, Jason feels that the biggest misconception about city guys is that “we don’t believe in God, we don’t love our families and we’re rude.” After talking to Jason, he doesn’t fit the city stereotype we tend to think of. He was more than willing to talk to me and always answered anything I said in a timely manner and was always so kind. Jason really took an interest in his fans which is why I had the idea to interview him.
Finally, I asked Jason if being on Sweet Home Alabama changed his attitude about anything. Normally long quotes are frowned upon, for this purpose I have to share with you his full answer.
“I learned a lot from this experience, about myself, the country lifestyle and what really matters in life. It really helped me to reprioritize my life and put people and relationships ahead of success. Before I left for the show I would always put work and making money before love. I would tell myself that I had to be single because having a girlfriend would just distract me and make it hard to focus on my career. I had it in my head that I needed to be successful and have everything set in place before I found a girl, instead of finding a partner to help me along with the journey. This experience helped to open my eyes and heart to love again, because I had some bad past experiences with girls that left me with trust issues and walls put up to keep people from getting too close. I’ve also learned to love country music and have a bigger appreciation for the lifestyle.”
When Jason first agreed to the interview I thought I was misreading his message, I swear I probably read it a dozen times because I couldn’t get over how nice he was for letting me do this. I found many of his answers really intriguing because I’ve never met anyone from a big city such as Hollywood and to me, it’s like a foreign land.
To Jason,
Thank you for the millionth time for giving me the opportunity to talk to you and interview you. I feel like you helped me gain a better understanding of not only the television show, but you as well. You have definitely changed my perception of city guys and I will keep an open mind when it comes to dating guys from different areas than myself. I wish you the best of luck with your career and your love life and if a dating show for you ever comes about, make sure I know about it (wink wink). You are the greatest.
Thank you for the millionth time for giving me the opportunity to talk to you and interview you. I feel like you helped me gain a better understanding of not only the television show, but you as well. You have definitely changed my perception of city guys and I will keep an open mind when it comes to dating guys from different areas than myself. I wish you the best of luck with your career and your love life and if a dating show for you ever comes about, make sure I know about it (wink wink). You are the greatest.

Great Article Michelle.
ReplyDeleteLove this!! Great job girl :)
ReplyDeleteAwe how exciting so fun , seemed so genuine! I'm glad you got to do this :)
ReplyDeleteWOOHOO! Love this girl! So glad you FINALLY let out the big secret: )
ReplyDeleteso jealous y'all got to chat, i LOVED him!!
ReplyDelete