We all have those certain people that we fight to hold on to when you know it's best to let them go. We all have those people in our BlackBerrys that you know you shouldn't text because their name clearly says 'Do Not Text' but you just can't resist sometimes. We all have those people hid on Facebook so you can't always see their status updates and wall posts but you still type their name in the search bar and still see how or what they're doing. We all have those people that you see across the bar and know you should avoid them and act like you don't see them but then you order yourself another drink and head straight in their direction. We do all of these because we are dumbasses.
I'm kidding. We do these things because we always want what we can't have. As humans, we like the chase. We don't want whats easily in front of us. The problem with this is that the one holding on to the 'unobtainable' almost always ends up with the short end of the stick.
This is where the Kenny Rogers lyrics in the title come in.
Don't chase the so-called 'unobtainable'. Some of you may think playing games with others is acceptable but I find it otherwise. I've never been keen on the playing hard to get hooplah because, still, I end up getting the short end of the stick and I do not like getting the short end of the stick folks. My thing is you have to know how to read people and be able to go with the flow. Needless to say I'm still working on the whole go with the flow concept but I am getting better. I take the whole I'm done trying see ya later bud approach. I learned a long time ago that the amount of effort to be with someone should be equal. You and the other person should make about the same amount of effort. If you are constantly busting your ass to get someones attention, you should probably pump the brakes. If you're in one of these situations you have to sit back and ask yourself if you are always the one texting the other person first or are you always the one initiating hanging out. If you answered yes to either of these questins, pump the brakes. I'm not saying you should never text someone if you want to talk to them. I'm saying that if your interested in someone and you're trying to get to know them or feel them out or whatever, you have to keep your cool and not seem overbearing or needy. We've all been in these situations, I've even been in them, and this is one of those times where I have learned from my mistakes.
Know when to walk away from someone that is treating you any way other than how you should be treated is the main and only point I want to make in this entire post because it's the most important. This point could have been made in the first sentence of the first paragraph with no explanation to follow but well, folks, that just ain't my style.
I myself am struggling with this situation and I'm not afraid to admit that I am glutton for punishment. I am always the damned and determined one to make someone realize what they're missing out on and now at almost 22 I have finally fully realized that this is impossible and they deserve the miss out on your fabulous qualities if they're going to mistreat you and/or play with your head.
Sometimes you have to just wait for your heart to catch up with your head for it all to make sense.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
great post, I used to be a big fan of the chase but now i'm so sick of it all!
ReplyDeleteoh my goodness. This post was perfect for right now. Thank you so much for saying everything I needed to hear!
ReplyDeleteYou're like my favorite. You write so real and down to earth and I love reading your posts! :)
ReplyDelete