Pages

Monday, July 18

Tomboy? Yes? No? Maybe?

I don't really think I would be considered a tomboy but I do enjoy doing things guys enjoy doing or things guys typically like. While I may not be considered a tomboy, I'm definitely not considered girly either.

I enjoy...

Boxing
I like to watch boxing, guys and girls. I also like to watch UFC. These people train so hard and have so much stamina, it's commendable. I'm a bit of a wimp so I'd be a shitty boxer but I will watch it on tv all day long. It's totally intense and the guys always have ripped bods and while they may be missing a tooth or two and are banged up most of the time, they're hot. Chicks dig scars, or atleast I do.

Shooting guns
Yep, that's me in my backyard shootin' at Coke cans. Wow, that sounds redneck. I like shooting guns with my Diddy. Since I'm an only child and clearly a girl, it gives my Diddy a chance to do boy-ish things with his child. I've always been a Diddy's girl and I enjoy Diddy/Daughter bonding time over an afternoon of .22 Browning rifle bullets aiming for cans or whatever else I can find.

Fishing
I am a pro-fisherWOman. SIKE! I suck at fishing but I still like to go. I spend most of my time casting my line and reeling it back in. I had an ex tell me I scared the fish away doing that and just to spite the avid fisher I continued to do it, go figure. The only reason fishing and I don't mix is the fact that I'm impatient, but having a nice catfish on the end of your line is a good reward for being patient. The most girly part about me going fishing-- I refuse to touch the fish and/or take the hook out of it's mouth. Those teeth those suckers have hurt when they dig into your finger.

Military anything
A few weekends ago, I literally spent two whole days (besides sleeping) watching EVERY military documentary Netflix had to offer. I now am a pro at everything military. I'm not real sure why I'm obsessed with military stuff though. My dad always watched old war movies, but I don't think that did it. I respect them so much and I love knowing everything I can about what they do.

I'm sure those of you that have made it to this point of my post are probably thinking I'm beyond weird and you're wondering why in the hell you are following my blog, but I promise I'm normal. Honest. I was never very girly growing up and I don't even remeber really starting to wear make up until I was almost out of high school, except for dance recitals. See, dance, proof I did girly things and loved it (haha). I also like tv shows guys normally are into like Swamp Loggers, Storage Wars, that sort of stuff. Ok, to hell with it, I'm a little weird. But I'm a quirky ol' gal and hey, no one can ever say I'm boring.


3 comments:

  1. I love fishing and shooting guns! I feel like southern girls are raised to be tomboys, possibly? I don't think you're weird at all because if you are, I am, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha I like going to a bar and watching UFC fights with a big ole Budweiser! =]

    ReplyDelete
  3. I did the same thing with Netflix and military documentaries. I have probably seen every single documentary in existence and half the movies made regarding war and our military. I mainly did that though when I was dating my now ex husband. I really wanted to try to understand what he was facing. It did help me a great deal.

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave a little love.