Pages

Sunday, June 5

Why am I thinking about weddings?

I've mentioned once or twice before that I don't watch wedding shows or usually even fantasize think about weddings in general. However, with it being wedding season I've kind of thought a little bit about what I would like to have, etc. Friends of mine (that are my age) are getting married now and even my parents attended a wedding last night, so obviously it's wedding season. While my mom was telling me about the wedding she and my dad attended and how drab the entire set up and wedding itself was, I started to think more about what I want at my wedding (and I hopefully will have one) and all of that good stuff. 

1. I want a barn wedding. I don't care what season it is, I will have a barn wedding.



Is that not just precious? I'd have the wedding + the reception all at one place. I like the simplicity of it all.

2. My bridesmaids dresses will be red. However, the shade of red will be dependent of the season. I want either a spring or fall wedding. In spring, the dresses would be a lighter, kind of salmon/peachy color and in the fall, they'd be more of an actual red but a little darker. No burgundy. I hate burgundy. 

3. I want Mason Jars. 

You cannot tell me these aren't cute. I feel like the colors you use depend on the season you get married in, but maybe that's just how I feel about it. 

4. OPEN BAR. 
5. I want this style of dress.
 It's simple and still elegant. I am oddly obsessed with my collar bones so I like tops that "show them off". 

6. I want my sisters + their dates/husbands to all sit together. That is the only for sure setting arrangement I want. 

7. I want lemonade and sweet tea. Actually, I just want a Southern meal. I'm from the South, will be married in the South, and want a barn wedding. It will all tie in together. 
______________________________

That's all the details I've thought of to date. Now just to hang on to all of these, find a guy to love me enough to get this far, and hope he agrees with my plans. HA!

I used to be hell bent on a beach wedding but the older I've gotten, I've obviously changed my mind. I don't want the stereotypical church wedding, I want something that is my own. Something that reflects my (and hopefully my future husband's) personality.

What kind of wedding do you want (or did you have)?

 

5 comments:

  1. I want a big and dramatic church wedding haha. With the reception in a beautiful hotel in DC. But that reflects me perfectly and I love it when people's weddings reflect their personalities. I have a cousin you had the most gorgeous barn wedding in a small town. Your wedding sounds like it will be beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, Yes, Yes to all of that! I have all those barn pictures saved in my wedding folder on my computer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My wedding was very similar to what you want.

    We got married at a cabin on a pond. We were married outside on the property and then food was served in the cabin and the band and DJ were set up on the deck over the pond.

    We had an open bar with Firefly Vodka and good Southern cookin', lots of BBQ. All of the drinks were served in mason jars.

    And J.Crew has some of the best wedding gowns and bridesmaids dress options. My bridesmaids LOVED that they had options to choose from.

    Your dream is very similar to what we actually had. It was really laid back and just a good time.

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE THIS POST! I love hearing all about people's wedding dreams! Just from reading your blog I can tell that this style of wedding would suite you well- what fun! :) I want to get married in my college town and have the reception in the great hall of the student union- it's gorgeous! Plus there's so many places for cool pictures around campus and I have some of my best and favorite memories there, so I want to add wedding to the list! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the idea of simplicity. I also love the country theme, especially mason jars. I am getting married next year and I am def. struggling with all the details and deciding on what I want. Honestly it is kind of hard to compromise. My fiance is very traditional,like huge, church wedding, and not seeing each other before. Me on the other hand not so much... I have all these thoughts and ideas but sometimes I think it'd be easier to elope! :)
    -Brittany
    http://brittanysblog-2011.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave a little love.