Pages

Wednesday, May 4

I'm feeling philanthropic.

I've been feeling rather generous and philanthropic this week. If you missed my big post on what my sorority is doing for TTown, click here

Now, I must tell you about another philanthropic idea my Greek friends here at Southern have decided to do. Our Greek community has been rather philanthropic this year. Can you tell I just like saying philanthropic




 This Friday, Kappa Sig has decided to do Locked Up for our Heroes at their fraternity house here on campus. It's from 12-4 and for this period of time a designated person will be "locked up" in a fake cell until you raise $1,000. Right now we are 2nd place behind KD. I am in charge of working with our Kappa Sig team since I'm a little miss Chatty Cathy and am already friends with Kappa Sig's. This is my last opportunity to really get involved before my time in Kappa is super-d-dooper over. The tickets are $5 and this $5 goes towards a raffle and also gets you food and you can also donate extra money. Since I'm feeling philanthropic this week, I'm donating an extra $20. 

Straight for the event on Facebook-- "The Kappa Sigma Fraternity of Georgia Southern University is asking for your help to support The Fisher House Foundation which provides support to families of wounded military veterans receiving care at medical centers. This Friday we will be locking up a few of our very own in order to raise money for this great cause.

It's a great cause and I am so glad to be helping out. It's been a great week for America and how awesome is this event going to be. I plan on taking my camera so I'll update ya'll with pictures after the event. 

Peace, Love, and Philanthropy

1 comment:

  1. My Kappa chapter was very philanthropic too!

    Its great when you can do something fun for a good cause.

    xoxo, elizabeth
    Life with Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave a little love.