"We look at it like spokes on a wheel. The more spokes you have the stronger the wheel." -Kody's mom
If you are a fan of TLC then you have heard of the tv show Sister Wives. In a nut shell, the show is about Kody, his 4 wives -Meri, Janelle, Christine and Robyn-, and their numerous kids whom are Fundamental Polgymists letting America into their lives. I started watching the show last season and was instantly addicted so I was happy to see that a new season was starting up, and this season is supposed to show the controversy over their lifestyle that they are having to face right now. I'm sure somewhere in my religious and political background I'm not supposed to really agree with their lifestyle and I dont't so much "agree" with it but Kody treats his wives and children wonderfully and that is all I expect from an husband and dad. He isn't like the polgymists that were plastered all over the news a few years ago that the husband was mean and whatnot. Kody truly cares for his family. If you take religion and politics out of the mix, these folks seriously have it made and I mean in all honesty, so does Kody (haha). I commend their family for being open and putting themselves out there. I'm the type of person that truly feels like their religious beliefs and their lifestyle don't concern me. It doesn't effect me if he has 1 wife, 4 wives, or 20. As long as he's a good, caring husband and dad then more power to you. If you are comfortable living an "uncommon" lifestyle such as polgymy then you are a strong person (this is just my opinion). I feel like you have to be really really comfortable with yourself and the lifestyle you are living to speak out about it. In America we all know that if you aren't the "norm" you are put down for lack of a better word. It really hurts my heart to see their family go through all of the scrutenity (spelling?) and legal issues. I want to say that they should have known they were going to catch some of this but at the same time my heart still goes out to them. They aren't aliens, they're human beings with a different way of life.
XOXO, Michelle
I just started watching this show Sunday night - I was flipping through channels and came across it and was hooked- and your post on the show is well said girl, well said!
ReplyDelete