Pages

Monday, March 21

Favorite places

Since I have a busy day filled with studying for two tests I have this week, I decided to a short post about a few of my favorite places.

Dingus Magee's [or just Dingus]
If you're a frequent reader of my blog you have probably noticed that I spend alot of time at Dingus whether it's for happy hour or hanging out at night. It's not a typical bar, which is why I love it. It's real relaxed and the owner even bartends most nights so he's fun to go talk to (plus he's a Red Sox fan). He takes an interest in knowing us. He plays a variety of music and it's never obnoxiously loud so you can actually carry on a coversation without yelling. It's not a real big place so it tends to get packed pretty easy, but I'll take a packed bar with a relaxed setting over a wide open crazy bar anyday.





Savannah and Tybee Island, Georgia
I've been going to Savannah and Tybee since I was a youngster. I'm a history fanatic and Savannah is full of it. My mom and I have been to numerous museums and I have been to Ft. Pulaski on Tybee atleast 10 times if not more. I kid you not. River Street is always a site and it's fun to stop in Wet Willy's and grab a daquiri. The trolley tours are fun too and one of these days I will do the ghost trolley tour, I just haven't gotten around to it yet. Tybee is super relaxing and during the summer it actually gets pretty packed. If you're on Tybee you are more than likely going to eat at my favorite place, The Crab Shack, or you're going to eat at Spanky's. The Crab Shack has amazing low country boil! I've also climbed Tybee's lighthouse! It was quite a trek.


Piggie Park
Piggie Park is a BBQ joint in my hometown. If you've read my "Where I'm From" page then you have seen me mention this place. It's been around for decades and everytime I go home I have to stop by and grab a BBQ Deluxe and a cherry Sprite. If you're a local or even live in the surrounding counties, you know what Piggie Park is and probably have made the drive to grab a bite to eat here once or twice a month.


Sorry I didn't write more or talk about more places-- my mind went blank.

XOXO, Michelle

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a little love.