Pages

Sunday, March 20

I want to forgive you & I want to forget you.

Actually, I don't want to forgive but I do want to forget.

I can't think of the last time I actually really "forgave" someone for something they did to me. I mean, to forgive someone do you have to physically say "I forgive you"? Because if so, I've never forgiven anyone in my life. How sad.

When I see certain people from the past in the bar I tend to act like I don't see them and then someone with me usually says "Michelle, theres _____" and I usually roll my eyes and say "sweet" and they reply "aw, be nice". End of discussion. I don't want to be nice.  I don't want to pretend I'm cool with them. I'm not cool with them, I want to walk up to them and slap them and say a few explicit words. But I don't, I continue to ignore them. In the past, I have tried the walk-past-them-and-wave approach or the go-say-hey approach and both of them have ended in embarrassing failure a time or two. They don't want to talk to me no more than I want to talk to them and I've accepted that. Does it bother me that since they're the one that was a douchebag to me that I don't understand why they won't talk to me? Yes. But just like me, they too probably look back and ask themselves "what was I thinking?". It happens. I've accepted that too.

Granted when I do see past flings the little Michelle inside my head and screaming and stomping her feet because I get so angry and annoyed  but the real Michelle that has to really face these jerks keeps her composure. That's just what you have to do sometimes. I'm working on getting to the point that little Michelle inside my head keeps her composure too. Bottling up all of this pent up angression towards these guys really serves no purpose what so ever. It just takes time to really accept that-- saying it and accepting it are two different things.

I do want to say that I have more past flings that I'm still friends with than not. I just have those select few that are douchebags to the core and choose to be rude to me. That's their little red wagon, just saying.

What do you do when you see rude past flings out and about? Do you speak? Do you wave? Do you just ignore them?

XOXO, Michelle

5 comments:

  1. Definitely ignore. There are times when being polite is just too much effort and gets you nowhere.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mentioned you!
    http://mambogook.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ignore! Always.
    This sounds just like me. I have so many dbag ex-flings that I dislike. Some people are like "just get over it. Stop ignoring/being rude to them, act like nothing ever happened" etc. but I'm not like that. I'm too proud to let someone who treated me badly think that I like them. I want them to know I dislike them and remind them that I haven't forgotten what they did. I especially hate it when I've seen someone who has screwed me over happy with another girl. This is why I tend to ignore them and walk right past them without saying a word. This way they know I don't have the desire to speak to them and don't even think enough of them to say hello. I'm not sure if it works but I figure it's better than throwing a drink in their face and screaming at them (which is what I really want to do) hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  5. ignore!! It drives them nuts and makes you look over it.

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave a little love.