Pages

Wednesday, January 12

"Am I twangy?"

I feel like I ask someone this question often, mainly referring to the way I talk. I hear people on tv and they don't have an accent at all, but then you hear some people and you can tell exactly where they're from and while I'm not on tv or anything, time I open my mouth everybody instantly knows where I'm from. Is that a bad thing? The older I've gotten I've started to wonder if I will get turned down from jobs in other parts of the country due to my "twangy-ness". Maybe I'm paranoid that I sound like Forrest Gump sometimes and that people don't take me seriously. Foreign language classes like Spanish, always suck for me because my pronounciations (sp?) are funky because of how I talk; needless to say "hola" doesn't come out how it's supposed to. All of that put aside, I'm proud of my twangy-ness and although I'd kill for a British accent, I'll love my Southern one til the day I die!!

Oh, & two lovely ladies, Leslie at Life in its Ordinary Form and 100 Days of Change gave me an award and now it's my turn to return it! Thanks ya'll.

 Here are the rules:
1. Thank and link back to the person who awarded you this award.
2. Share 7 things about yourself.
3. Award 15 recently discovered bloggers.
4. Contact these bloggers and tell them about the award!

Hmm, 7 things about myself, let's see...
1. I'm an only child.
2. I don't eat green candy (I hate the taste).
3. I'm in a sorority.
4. I'm starting to think I'm a comittment phobe.
5. If sleeping was a class, I'd make an A.
6. I took dance for 15 years.
7. I can quote all of Forrest Gump (true story).

Now, to award some more awesome bloggers!
1. My bbm buddy Shae at A Nomad I will Remain for Life, In Love with Distant and Uncharted Places  (Seriously, ya'll should read her blog!)
3. Christa at According to Christa
4. Christine at Bun & Borough
8. Ashlyn at Miss Magnolia
11. College Prep
12. Courtney at Civilian Girl turned into a Army Wife
13. Katie at Katie Lives Simply
14. Michelle at That's so Michelle
15. Lily at Sailboats and Seersucker

Well ya'll, it's time for me to hit the hay! Ta-ta for now!

6 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for the award girl! Your so sweet! I'm an only child too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwww, thank you!!! And guess what... I'm an only child as well! Must be on to something here. Love the new blog design btw. That house is classic. I can feel the warm breeze already. We got more snow here in the DC area last night. It's pretty but I'm ready to pack up my tights.

    ReplyDelete
  3. aww thank you so much for the award :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your blog! It's so cute! Thanks for the blog shout out ;) You're the best. Miss you like woah!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. thank you thank you thank you for my award!!!! I love it :)

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave a little love.