Pages

Wednesday, December 29

I miss you, Mason.

I was looking through the Gadgets on here and found one where I, along with my readers, can help me support a charity and you get to choose which one you help. I chose To Write Love on Her Arms because this charity holds a special place in my heart. It doesn't cost a thing, all you do is a few quick different activites that donates "minutes" to the help hotline. I have been doing a couple of the activities every so often, and your help would be greatly appreciated! The Gadget is under my pictures on the right side towards the bottom.

To Write Love on Her Arms is a non-profit movement dedicated to presenting hope and finding help for people struggling with depression, addiction, self-injury and suicide. TWLOHA exists to encourage, inform, inspire and also to invest directly into treatment and recovery. You can visit http://www.twloha.com/index.php for more information.

On January 8, 2010 my friend Mason took his own life, one week shy of his 21st birthday. Mason was a Pi Kappa Alpha at Georgia Southern, and he had a huge impact on the Greek community of which I am a part of. He was so fun loving, and kind, and we were all shocked to get the news the weekend before Spring semester started. The week classes started back, there was a candlelight vigil at the Pike house where his brothers spoke and a slideshow was played and I cried like a baby. To this day,  I still think about Mason and his adorable smile and quick wit almost daily. The one year anniversary of Mason's death is coming up quick and it's honestly hard to believe it's been a year. I know that Mason looks down on all of us all the time and this Fall's Greek Week, Kappa and Pike were paired up and some of us spent a little time in between events talking about how we wished Mason was there to help us win, which we indeed won Greek Week and knew Mason was cheering us on from Heaven.

Love and miss you Mason!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a little love.