"I'm a firm believer in the power of change, but there's one thing I've learned. & that's the fact that the hardest part of moving forward is not looking back."
If a guy treats me like dirt, ninety percent of the time I put up with it; I make excuses for them. When they do the same thing continuously, I just keep holding on to them, I guess hoping that they are going to change-- they never do, I have three years of off and on experience with the same guy to know (FYI: to this day, he's still the same guy, spinning the same stories). When a guy talks to me nonstop and then abruptly stops-- I've had a habit of holding on to him. I keep his number in my phone, hoping he's gonna come to his senses and text or call me again, which nine times out of ten he doesn't, and I have spent entirely too much time holding on to the past, and to the useless people, well not anymore.
I'm done with being that Michelle. From now on, if a guy treat treats me like crap, or just stops talking to me with his random reasoning, I'm writing them off. It's their loss! And they aren't worth my time in the first place. And their number will be deleted from by BlackBerry. I'm not going to give them the satifsaction of knowing that they got to me. Plus, I love saying "who is this?" when they do text months later, it makes me smile (HA!). Over this last semester, I've gotten a little better at kicking jerks to the curb, but this semester I'm gonna go pro!
"...that girl is long gone, boy you missed the boat, it just sailed away. Long gone, she's not drowning in her yesterdays. Betcha never thought I'd be that strong,
well this girl is long gone..." -Lady A
well this girl is long gone..." -Lady A
XOXO, Michelle
So glad to hear it! You definitely deserve better than a man that doesn't treat you well!
ReplyDeleteP.S. Thanks for following my blog! Hope you're having a great week!
ReplyDelete