Pages

Sunday, August 25

Forever the bridesmaid...

...never the bride.

Another day of checking Facebook and finding out that a guy who you had been talking to and was somewhat interested in has sailed right on past you and on to another--yet again. Seriously?

I keep telling myself I need to do some serious soul searching and life evals to figure out where this Good Luck Chuck complex is coming from but on the surface, I just can't figure it out. Granted, I could probably handle losing a couple of pounds and washing my sailor-esque mouth out with soap from time to time and I could probably put down the Natty Light. But in all seriousness, I have my life pretty together--as together a 24 year old's life can be at this point. I work hard at a good job that I enjoy. I support myself completely. I'm one smart, witty young lady with a killer sense of humor; not to toot my own horn or anything. But seriously, I'm baffled. 

I've come to find myself constantly surrounded by couples and here I am, odd man out, just sitting at the end of the table minding my own, gazing at the others, regularly checking Instagram. Yeah, yeah, "my time will come," so I continue to get told. I think what many fail to realize is that I have never said I was looking for Mr. Right. Quite frankly, I'd be sublimely happy with Mr. Right Now--sue me. However, I have neither; I have Mr. Nonexistent which, some days, is actually the perfect fit for me. 

Nonetheless, I'm always the bridesmaid and never the bride. I'm always the friend, never the girlfriend. Should I start being the dog lady now or wait a few more years?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a little love.