Pages

Monday, April 22

Single Pringle struggs

I'm single and have been for some time. Quite frankly, it rarely bothers me. But there are some times where another engagement appears on my Facebook news feed or someone you used to talk to is suddenly "dating" someone you never thought they would. I start to think, "Why AM I still single?". I don't let it get to me for long, just a few minutes of pondering the matter at hand and poof it's gone again. 

It sucks (for lack of a better word) sometimes to want to share good news of interviews or acing speeches with someone other than my parents. It just isn't the same telling a friend about how great or how horrible an interview went as it would be telling someone who has a direct interest in what you're doing and how you're going to turn out. 

But the Single Pringle struggs aren't always....struggles.

You see, being single at this point in my life means the availability to be selfish. I have the full opportunity to do what I want with my paycheck (which will probably be putting it into a savings account), move where I want, etc. I don't have to factor anyone else into my decisions right now and while some people treasure the fact they have to include their beau into their plans, I'm using the no beau as a silver lining.  

Either way, this is how my life is right now. I am single. I am turning 24. I am in the middle of a serious job search. I am joining the real world.... and that's OK.

1 comment:

  1. oh girl i am RIGHT there with you... many many times i LOVE my singleness bc i dont have to 'answer' to anyone...i make my own decisions, go where i want when i want and don't have to plan anything with anyone. it's nice. but also i sometimes get a little sad too...but i just try to enjoy this stage of life !!

    Good luck in your job search! :)

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave a little love.