I am so over hearing and reading negative, hateful, and almost always ignorant comments regarding President Obama.
I am a proud Republican. I still proudly display my three Romney buttons on my book bag and drive around with my Romney/Ryan sticker on my car. I even have a pink Republican elephant sticker on my car. It is what it is. G-O-P 'til I D-I-E.
However...
Obama won the election and no matter how much I am not a huge fan of him, he is president of the greatest country on this earth and I respect the position. He will be president for the next four years and there is very little we as a country can do to change that. After all, "we" as a country voted him in (I use "we" lightly here). Posting a dozen comments daily on how much you hate him, how much of an idiot he is, or how he isn't going to take your [insert expletive here] guns, doesn't change his address nor his position. He will be president. commander in chief, and will reside at 1600 Pennsylvania Ave. for four more years-- move on.
I disagree with much of what Obama says and sometimes plans, but I just know that no amount of bitching is going to get him out office. I did my part, I voted. I voted for Romney, but I voted. I now have to be mature, bite my tongue, and respect the position. It's all about respect.
I say this a lot but everyone is entitled to their own opinion. And the First Amendment allows freedom of speech, but always keep in mind, once you say it, tweet it, Facebook status it and someone hears or reads it, you can't take it back, and I have to admit, half of the comments I've heard and read lately are just ignorant.
Move on! We have Obama in office again. Agree with him or disagree with him, just don't be foolish. If you want to rant and rave why you dislike him and his policies, back it up. Don't just hop on your soap box and spout out aimless rambles.
Fingers crossed for a Marco Rubio/Paul Ryan ticket in 2016.
Sunday, January 20
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Feel free to leave a little love.