Saturday, July 28
London 2012
Who sat through the entire opening ceremony from start to finish? This girl. I have been counting down the days until the opening ceremony in London.
The opening ceremony was, in my opinion, AWESOME. I loved the story they were trying to tell and all of the events were super cool. If I was a Brit, I would definitely be proud to call Great Britain my homeland. My two favorite parts were the children's literature and the music part where they danced to all kind of musics from the 60s, 70s and 80s. It was great.
The Parade of Nations, as usual, took FOREVER. But, what can you expect when there are over 200 countries participating. I was so excited to see the United States walk in and I know there have been tons of controversy over our outfits, but I loved them. We looked so good and crisp.
Because I'm a bit of a cry baby, the end made me tear up a little. The whole torch thing and showing Muhammad Ali, it was just super special and monumental. The fireworks display at the end once the games were officially "started" was seriously the best fireworks display I've ever seen in my whole 23 years of living.
I've already watched a bunch of the sports on today but I'm most excited for swimming, gymnastics and soccer. They've always been my favorite and I love Michael Phelps. Hoping he goes for gold tonight!
I love that for a few weeks, all of these countries from all over the world can come together and put their political and religious beliefs behind them and come together (except for the Munich Olympics, obviously).
What is your favorite part of the Olympics?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


I love the swimming, diving, gymnastics and beach volleyball the best. Really, I could watch almost any sport in the Olympics...I love it all.
ReplyDeleteI watched a bunch of events today, and the entirety of the Opening Ceremonies last night. I completely agree about the fireworks. They were the best I have EVER seen.
ReplyDeleteI wasn't sold on the story thing put together, but did love the dancing. My fave is the Parade of Nations, seeing all those countries come in together is just awesome. I won't be working next week, so I'll totally be enjoying some Olympic action. I love gymnastics, equestrian, and I'm all for Lochte!!!! <3
ReplyDelete