My food faves right now are:
Chobani plain Greek yogurt -- This is actually used as a sour cream substitute in many recipes because well, it tastes like sour cream plain. But I was told to put a little Crystal Light in it and stir it up and it'd taste a million times better. Well, guess what? After putting some raspberry lemonade CL in this plain Greek yogurt, I decided that this is the best yogurt I've ever had. The entire container is only 100 calories and get this, it has 18 grams of protein!
TCBY Froyo -- Apparently this stuff has been around a while, but I missed the memo. I bought the Supreme Cookies and Cream today and tried it for a snack and it was delicious. One good thing about froyo is that you get the ice cream consistency but it's healthier for you. A serving size is 1/2 cup and just that half is more than enough for a snack and is only 130 calories. They also have tons of nifty flavors!
Blueberries -- I had never had an actual blueberry until two weeks ago, I kid you not. I had only ever had them in muffins. Now that I've actually had an actual blueberry, I love them. The more I read up on them, the more I've learned that they are one of the best snacks to eat.
Trop50 -- I'm an orange juice LOVER, always have been. But, as you know, regular orange juice has over 100 calories and a ton of sugar in it. Trop50 only has 50 calories for it's serving size of a cup and it tastes like regular OJ. It doesn't taste any different than a regular glass of OJ, I promise. I drink the Trop50 with calcium but they also make other juices too.
Turkey -- I have never been a big fan of turkey but I've heard it's better for you to eat than ham. I bought some turkey the other day for my wraps and I've kind of fell in love. While I will never give up ham, at least I also have a better sandwich/wrap alternative.
Spinach Wraps -- This one is tricky. The spinach wraps I bought the other day have 210 calories in them but I'm in love. The wrap with the ingredients I put in it always fills me up which I find to be a good thing.
Frozen fruit -- Any frozen fruit from the store. I bought frozen peaches this morning. Frozen fruit is always a good snack alternative versus any 100 calorie pack.
----------
I read the label on absolutely everything I buy and so should you. You need to be aware of what you are eating. Foods high in sugar aren't the best for you and they are the worst breakfast foods. Foods high in protein and fiber are awesome for you. And naturally, fruit is always good for you. Also, cutting out alcohol will help you lose weight.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Feel free to leave a little love.