Being the wonderful journalist that I am, I read certain news mediums religiously. So religiously that I have the apps on my iPhone.One of the newspapers I read (via app and online) is the Washington Post. The WP has been the only newspaper with a ton of coverage on the George Huguely V trial, naturally because Virginia is part of their "local" beat. I have read literally every article ever written going all the way back to the first article ever written in 2010 about the case-- dedication. The trial has now ended with a verdict. Huguely has been found guilty of second degree murder and grand larceny and not guilty on the other charges. I just got a tweet update that they are going straight into sentencing so we will know tonight just how long he will be in prison.
In case you have no idea what I'm talking about, you can Google it.
I have no ties to lacrosse nor UVA but the case just struck a cord with me and I've kept myself updated on what has been going on.
UPDATE: The jury has suggested 26 years; 25 for the second degree murder charge and 1 year for the grand larceny charge. Official sentencing will be held in April.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Feel free to leave a little love.