Truth.
I have an "average" body appearance I suppose, but I don't like how it looks. Story of most everyone's life right?
I refuse to make losing weight a New Years Resolution even though it is something I want to do. I feel like when I say it as a NY Resolution that I, in some way, only want it at the beginning of the year but losing weight and keeping it off (ie. maintaining a good weight) is an all year affair. I am in no way satisfied with my body appearance right now and I say continously that I want to lose weight. Well now, I have to lose weight. One major key to happiness, in my opinion, is to be comfortable in your own skin and right now, I'm not. I don't believe in doing these fad diets because like all diets, time you come off of them you tend to gain the weight back.
My biggest issue? Working out. I despise going to the gym and working out. I'm uncomfortable and I have no motivation no matter how much I have a desire to lose weight. While doing my usual boredom sesh of perusing Pinterest, I found quite a few work out plans to do at home. They have different levels and they provide you in-home exercises to do daily for a certain amount of time.
I don't consider myself an unhealthy eater, but I do think sometimes I have the problem of over-eating. I tried portion control for about a week last semester and ended up stopping because I told myself that the serving size on the box of pasta salad was insane. Wrong. The serving size was more than enough, I just felt like I wasn't eating enough. I was ending up eating an entire box of pasta salad and feeling disgusting afterwards. Now, I know that portion control and following the serving size recommendations is something I am going to have to do. If I can get in a routine of this, it won't be too difficult I hope but getting myself in the routine is going to be the challenge.
I'm not trying to lose weight to fit some image of what society deems is acceptable. I'm trying to lose weight so I'm happy and content with what I see in the mirror and in pictures. If you feel like you're attractive and in shape, you exude tons of confidence, and I really want my confidence back to where it was a year or so ago. My drinking habits did me in and I realize that and while I'm not giving up drinking, I plan to drink less often and a smaller amount when I do. I just keep telling myelf that moderation is key in all aspects of food and alcohol. I'm not so much looking to hit a certain number on the scale, I'm more or less looking to see how my body changes and fits differently in certain articles of clothing and how I feel when I look at myself in a mirror.
I plan to start all of this once I get back to Statesboro in a few days. Hopefully I can motivate myself and succeed--- fingers crossed!


you can do it girlfriend! i have the same hate feelings toward the gym. however, i feel a million times better if i make the time to go. even if it is a mere 30 mins a day. it sounds like you have the right attitude going in to your new workout routine. good luck lady!
ReplyDelete