Pages

Friday, November 25

Turkey break, football and whatever else.

Where to begin? Where to begin? First of all, I hope each and every one of you had a fantastic Thanksgiving and enjoyed spending time with your fam.

I've been at my parent's since last Thursday and I have been one big bum to say the least. But I'm on Thanksgiving break so that's what I'm supposed to do, right? I've helped my Diddy do some construction projects around the house. I've watch countless hours of movies and television shows, especially ones I can't watch in Statesboro due to the lack of channels (blah). I helped cook different dishes for Thanksgiving. I went Black Friday shopping for the first time ever and boy was that a fun experience, and no I'm not being sarcastic. I played tag on golf carts with my cousins. I spent time with my sweet dog, Boston. I avoided the school work that I have due next week (ha). Overall, I had a successful Thanksgiving break.

In football news...
We lost to Alabama last weekend, but that was expected. Statesboro headed west to Tuscaloosa. We may have lost, but not by that much, Georgia Southern has officially scored more points on Bama than any other team this season and that is something to be proud of. Heading into playoffs, we are 9-2. And speaking of playoffs, I mentioned that we are Southern Conference champs and we landed a spot in the FCS Playoffs. Our first game will be held in Statesboro December 3rd against the winner of the Old Dominion vs. Norfolk State game which if I'm not mistaken will be tomorrow. I'm so proud of our boys and Coach Monken and I am even more proud to call myself a Georgia Southern Eagle. We made it to semi-finals last year and I hope we make it all the way to the championship this year. We need flag #7 on our flag pole at Paulson. 


The Iron Bowl is tomorrow at 3:30 in Auburn. If you don't know, the Iron Bowl is the biggest rivalry and it's held between non other than Auburn and the University of Alabama. I'm a big Auburn fan, so big I even have an Auburn pillow pet, and this game is the best. I have faith in Auburn and whether we win or lose, War Eagle anyway. 


LSU dominated over Arkansas today in Death Valley and took reign over the SEC West. LSU will travel to Atlanta to play UGA next weekend. I am rooting for LSU all the way, because 1. I hate UGA and 2. I gotta support the SEC West (that's what division Aubs is in). It would give me great pleasure to see LSU stomp UGA. Guess we will see, but my game next weekend will have to come first, duh. Despite the immense amount of grief U of A has endured this past week, they fought a good fight against LSU. If you were unaware, Garrett Uekman (#88) of the Arkansas Razorbacks was found dead in his apartment Sunday. If you have Twitter you may have seen #w88pigs88ie when U of A is mentioned. Keep U of A and the Uekman family in your thoughts of prayers. 


And in other news... it's officially time to decorate for Christmas. The Christmas tree will be put up as soon as I get back to Statesboro on Sunday, no doubt. Once everything is put up and decorated, I will take pictures and show ya'll (if I remember...)! 


I hope ya'll have a good weekend and remember, weagle weagle War Damn Eagle!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a little love.