Here and there I am constantly hearing that "real ladies" don't have tattoos. Needless to say, that royally pisses me off. Where does it say that because I, and many other girls I know, become less of a lady because we have tattoos.
I have one tattoo, for now, and plan on getting at least one more, maybe two. Right now, I have a clover on my right hip bone and it's for luck. Since I always have a clover with me, it's like I always have a bit of luck. It's not just a normal clover, I found a funky one online before I went because I wanted to be different. I've had this tattoo since August 2007, one month after I turned 18. I am now 22 and there has yet to be a day that I regret it.
My clover is hidden at all times unless I'm in a bathing suit, getting undressed, or naked. When you look at me, you would never think I even had one and then ta-da, I do. The other two I want is my sorority's pledge pin on the inside of my ankle for two reasons, 1) to symbolize the great organization that I'm apart of and 2) in rememberance of my sister, Sha, that passed away in a car accident in June. Sha is who pinned me during my pledge pinning ceremony and without that, I wouldn't be where I am. The other tattoo I want is one I'm unsure of. I want something on my side and I'm contemplating a bible verse that means something to me, not the whole scripture just the 1 Corinthians 13:4 part. Get it? Basically all three would be unseen during day-to-day living, which is what I want.
I find tattoos on guys very attractive, but there are times where tattoos aren't so attractive on both men and women. If a person carries themself well and has tattoos all over them, I don't see you as any less equal to me. If a person carries themself trashy and has tattoos all over them, I see you as less of an equal. I think it's all about how you carry yourself, in all aspects of life. I also feel like tattoos should mean something to the person that they're on.
Ok, I'm getting off my soap box. I nor any other woman with a tattoo is any less of a lady.
Do ya'll have tattoos? If so, what do you have and where? If you don't have tattoos, what are you feelings about them?
Tuesday, October 11
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I so agree with you on the tattoo thing. As long as it's tasteful, meaningul and can be covered when needed there is nothing wrong with tattoos! I want a tattoo or maybe more than one just have not figured out what I want yet. :)
ReplyDeletei have a few tattoos. i think that it's a choice. you can do whatever you want to your body. i have a white one that looks like a scar on my left wrist (the initials of a boyfriend who passed away), a zeta crown (middle of lower back), and one more but i'll never tell... ;) it's tiny
ReplyDeleteI have one tattoo of a sparrow on my right hip bone!
ReplyDeleteI personally will not get a tattoo unless it has meaning to me. I'm not a fan at all of tons of pointless tattoos, men or women!
ReplyDeleteI AGREE WITH YOU! I have two tattoos and they are actually a little on the large side, but if you look at me you would never know! You can also barely see them in a swim suit! Mine, like yours, help me through hard times because they mean so much to me and every time I look at them, it reminds me of why I got them! I love my tats!
ReplyDeleteI don't have a tattoo, but I think they can be tastefully done - I've considered getting a small "88" on my foot/ankle but I'm such a baby I don't know if it will ever happen!
ReplyDeleteI love yours and the location of it [aka easily hidden] - AND I love the idea of getting your sororities pledge pin and the symbolism behind it!