"You could be my It Girl, baby you're the shit girl. Lovin' you could be a crime, crazy how we fit girl. This is it girl, give me 25 to life, I just want to rock all night and put you in the middle of my spotlight. You could be my It Girl, you're my biggest hit girl."
Everywhere I turn, another one of my friends is getting into a relationship or atleast has a guy taking an interest in her. I shyly look at my phone to see if anyone, preferably a guy, has texted me and to no avail, I have nothing, not even a tweet mention. I stand in a circle of friends and everyone has someone to hug and laugh with and I shyly slip away and seek someone out to talk to.
I can't help but feel... lonely.
And a little left out.
Don't get me wrong, I am happy that my friends are happy and have somebody but the selfish side of me is jealous and a wee bit angry, not angry at them kind of angry at myself. I sit back and ask myself what I'm doing wrong? Am I seriously really going after the wrong guys? I don't know, maybe. Am I missing the obvious signs someone is into me? Doubt it. Am I doomed to live the rest of my life as a singleton? Probably.
I miss having someone to talk to and to tell things to, like when you make a good grade. I miss having someone to always depend on to hang out with and watch a good movie. I miss feeling like I belonged to someone. Okay, that was probably bad word usage -- "belonged" -- but I couldn't think of another word, but you catch my drift. I miss having someone, simply put.
I want so be someone's It Girl.
le sigh.
Does anyone else feel this way or am I just a lonely weirdo?
I just wrote a post about this! You are definitely not alone. I've been feeling lonely lately, I miss having someone to just be with
ReplyDeletegirl, I feel you on this one! All my friends have steady boyfriends and so many people I know are getting engaged. I feel left out too. I know its silly but I miss having someone to be with, too!
ReplyDeleteI know exactly how you feel! It seems like all my friends are in long-term relationships and a lot are getting engaged/married/having kids! It's not that I'm jealous, just that I wish I had someone too!
ReplyDeleteYou are not a lonely weirdo! Totally feel this way too. The best ones are the ones worth waiting for I guess!
ReplyDelete