Pages

Friday, October 7

Back to my roots.

This past weekend I went back to my roots and attended a truck and tractor pull in Tifton.

SO American.

Since I know that 100% of you probably have absolutely NO idea what a truck and tractor pull is, I will do my best to explain it and luckily I took tons of pictures and a few videos.

truck + sled
There is a "track", I guess it's called, of 300 feet usually of dirt/softened mud. There are different classes of trucks which is determined by the type of truck it is, like 4-wheel drive or 2-wheel drive for example, and then there are tractors. Each truck and tractor is suped up and have had alterations to make them pull better (and hopefully farther). The truck or tractor has to attempt to pull the sled the complete 300 feet and then some. A run of 300 feet is considered a good run. This is the typical sled ya'll are thinking of, this sled is a big machine with wheels and a driver and a big weight on it. The weight starts out at the back of the sled and when the green flag waves and the truck/tractor takes off, the weight slides down the sled toward the truck attached to the front of the sled. I'm sure I've lost many of you by now, sorry, I'm doing my best to explain it then best way I know how. Basically, you want the best distance, 300+, out of your class.


I've been going to these things since I was a little girl and I was super excited to be able to go this past weekend with my parents. One of my dad's friends actually has a truck that pulls and it was exciting to see him. Plus, he won his class and I captured the distance of the first run in a picture and the second run on video. His pulling team is called Always $omething. He's such a nice guy and was really glad that we came to see him. Make sure to watch the video below to get a better understanding and to see Always $omething win... duh!


You can hear me yell at the end and my dad saying "he did it man" at the end. Obviously, we were excited.
Upon meeting my dad's friends, my dad made the comment to his friends that I love anything with a motor in it, which to tell the truth is correct. I have a weird obsession with tractors and I've always enjoyed dirt track racing (it's more exiting than regular asphalt racing) and truck and tractor pulls. I've always just enjoyed those kinds of things and I think deep down my dad has always been glad. He gets to have the best of both worlds. Only one child that happens to be a daughter so I can be a daddy's girl but I've also always kind of liked "guy things" like guns, military stuff, tractors, racing, fishing, etc so he was always able to do things he would have with a son, with me.
This is ABAC's tractor.

Sorry if you're looking back now and wishing you had never even read this but I like to share who I really am with my readers. I like to think I'm pretty interesting and well rounded.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a little love.