![]() |
| via Pinterest |
"A clean house is a happy house." - Me
I'm not a total clean freak, but I do prefer things to be clean. I don't walk behind you picking up your bread crumbs or anything. No one likes to live or walk into a dirty house. I am the sole cleaner in my household right now and it's starting to get a little aggravating. I understand that my two roommates and myself lead two different lifestyles and different things going on but how hard is it to clean the stove or the counter after you used it if you made a mess? Not very hard. I also clean the sink, because it's white, constantly. I spent an hour or so last week cleaning and the sink is filthy and I didn't make the mess but guess who will more than likely be cleaning it up? Me. My room, besides my bed being made, is always clean. I don't like the cluttered feeling of a dirty room and when I walk into other people's homes and it's dirty, I don't like it. Maybe I should become a paid house maid? Eh.
Is anyone else a big cleaner like I am? Have you ever been the sole cleaner in a house with roommates? Do tell.

I still live at home and I only get the cleaning bug when they leave on vacation. When everyone is home, I don't clean anything except my room, because if no one else is going to help, what's the point of me doing anything? It does bother me, though, that our house always seems cluttered and messy, but it's just laziness of not putting things away, so I don't let it get under my skin.
ReplyDeleteI had a roommate once that would leave dishes in the sink for weeks! It was so nasty! It's really not that hard to pick up after yourself, you don't even have to be a neat freak ha
ReplyDeleteI despise cleaning my house! It's amazing how big of a mess kids can make! Please feel free to drive on down to Hinesville & clean my house anytime! :)
ReplyDeletewhen i had roommates my last year of college i was the 'cleaner', now i am married and i have a maid. i make my bed every morning. cleanliness is next to godliness :)
ReplyDeleteAre you me?! I swear I have this rant once a week. I am the only person who EVER cleans our kitchen because I can't stand to cook in a disgusting area. Like you said, I'm not OCD but who wants to live in total filth? The thing my roommates always do is, they'll fill up the dishwasher and NOT run it, but just stack dishes in the sink until it's overflowing. Or if the dishwasher has been run, they'll just stick dishes in the sink until I empty it. My one roommate said she wouldn't empty it because it "isn't all her stuff." Ummm what?
ReplyDeleteI could have written this post- oh my! We have had quite the few weeks of getting a "clean up after yourself" attitude down..it's not that hard! haha. I guess when I clean it I know it's done well, but i still would like the help! Best of luck in an improving situation!
ReplyDelete