Everybody that's anybody knows TODAY is the beginning of football season. Football is like a religion here in the South and sometimes tailgating becomes more of an affair than the football game itself. If isn't Georgia Southern, it's Auburn for me and either way I love watching my two favorite teams play.
I'm a true blue Georgia Southern Eagle and I live to see my boys rub Erk's head before heading out onto the field and watching Freedom fly above my head before the beginning of every home game. I love cheering for the Eagles and dancing in the stands. I love watching our team ride in on old yellow school buses, because if you know anything about Georgia Southern you know that it's tradition.
I'm a true blue Georgia Southern Eagle and I live to see my boys rub Erk's head before heading out onto the field and watching Freedom fly above my head before the beginning of every home game. I love cheering for the Eagles and dancing in the stands. I love watching our team ride in on old yellow school buses, because if you know anything about Georgia Southern you know that it's tradition.
I never seem to know what to wear on game day because here in South Georgia, it's hot. It's hot until almost Thanksgiving sometimes. Here are a few outfits I wore last year.
| This is just a regular cotton tank top dress that I put a turtle neck under. |
"And I'm gonna say it one more time. We're GEORGIA SOUTHERN. Our colors are BLUE AND WHITE. We call ourselves the BALD EAGLES. We call our offense the Georgia Power Company, and that's a terrific name for an offense, and our snapcount is "rate-hike". We practice on the banks of Beautiful EAGLE Creek and that's in STATESBORO, Georgia, the gnat capital of America. Our weekends begin on thursday, the co-eds outnumber the men 3-2. They're all good lookin' and they're all rich. And folks, you just can't beat that. And you just can't beat GEORGIA SOUTHERN, and you ain't seen nothin' yet!!" -Erk Russell
Our first game is TODAY in Birmingham, Alabama against Samford. Let's go boys! HAIL SOUTHERN!

I love this post! College Football is one of the best parts of fall! :) Your outfits were so cute!
ReplyDelete