Pages

Friday, August 12

Trash television.

"That's yo baby daddy's sista!"

What has this world come to? Trash television. You know, those shows like Jerry Springer, Maury, etc and dare I say it, Jersey Shore. All of these shows are scripted beyond belief and dramatic. Correction, overly dramatic. It's a bunch of trashy people yelling at each other, cussing, fighting and making complete fools of themselves. What makes all of this even worse? They're paid.

The Jersey Shore casts makes millions of dollars an episode. Why? That show is pathetic. Sorry to all you guido fans, I can't take their accent, horrible tans, and hair gel. Just say no to guido, folks.

Today I randomly was flipping the channels saw Maury was on and I decided to watch it because the title was, "Test Him Today! Is My Fiance Having Secret Sex Orgies?". If I'm lying, I'm dying that was the topic. Naturally it was filled with with lie dectector results about somebody cheating and somebody's baby. Blah blah blah. But I was glued to the television like a baby watching Barney. Then Jerry Springer came on and I was kind of pumped because Jerry's drama and fighting is usually pretty funny. The characters on Jerry is funny enough. But no, not today. It wasn't white trash at it's finest it was black girls cat fighting pulling each other's weave out. I couldn't take it, I had to change the channel.

Why is America so addicted to trash television? Our society is so wrapped in "reality" television. We are so wrapped up in it that I swear over half of the shows that come on these days are reality based, most of them being pathetic.

Are you hooked on trash/reality televison? If so, what shows are you glued to? Do tell.

4 comments:

  1. Although I don't think it's fully "trash" television, I watch Big Brother and it can get pretty vulgar! There's a couple on there right now that makes me want to stop watching the show this season. CBS keeps bringing back people from previous seasons and the couple from last season that's on there now, I just want to punch in the face. I don't know if you watch it, but I'm pretty addicted to it. I can't wait until Sunday's show.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a whole blog devoted to trashy Lifetime movies and I still can't figure out why I like them so much. As I type this, I'm watching Keeping Up with the Kardashians, which is laughably staged--the Kardashian brother just "accidentally" drank his stepdad's coffee which Kris had spiked with "male enhancement drugs" "without anyone's knowledge." So lame, yet I can't look away.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have to admit, the trashy show I watch is bad girls club. Not all the time, but whenever I do I get an instant ego boost. lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so addicted to mindless, trashy tv. Big brother, real housewives (every season), and that dang MTV realworld/roadrules Challenge. Ahhh, i cant believe i just admitted that.

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave a little love.