- Jolly Green Giant. I prefer for them to be taller than me. I'm 5'8 and sometimes I am dying to wear wedges and would like to be able to not have to shrink for pictures, etc.
- Class Clown. He must have a sense of humor. I think I have a pretty good sense of humor myself and I love to laugh. If he could also be a little sarcastic in his humor that would be good too, I'm fluent in sarcasm.
- Sweetheart. I'd prefer a sweet guy versus just nice. A nice guy lets you borrow a pencil when your pen runs out of ink but a sweet guy sends you flowers to work or sends you a "have a good day" text. Little sweet things like that mean so much to me.
- Where's that pocket protector? Just kidding, I don't want a total nerd. I just want someone that I can carry on an adult, meaningful conversation with but I also want him to know some random useless knowledge like me, or atleast not get annoyed when I randomly spout out some of the studpid things that I know. I don't mind if guys are smarter than me, as long as they don't make me feel dumb or talk down to me.
- Don't forget your passport. I want a guy that likes and/or wants to travel. There is so much of the country and the world that I want to see and experience, but who wants to see it alone? Not I. There are places that I'd like to share with someone special. Who is better to see the world with than someone you love spending time with?
- Biffles. I want him to become my best friend. Not the whole life consuming best friend but the one that you can share your deepest darkest secrets (within reason) with and him still like/love you the same.
- Patience is a virtue. A virtue I was not blessed with, sadly, but I need someone that can have patience with me. There are times where my stubborness can't help but show through and sometimes instead of being yelled at or having someone just throw their hands up at me, I need someone that will stop, breathe, and try again. Sometimes I don't understand things on the first try or ever understand things at all, and I need someone to realize it and not fault me for it.
- Family man. First off, he has to want or be willing to have kids. I want kids no matter what, even if I have to adopt. If he hates or never wants kids, we would never work out. Also, along with family, he has to get along with mine, which isn't very hard but he also has to have a good relationship with his family, especially his parents. If someones parent's despise who you are dating, I feel like the relationship is almost doomed, and I would never want my boo to feel like he had to choose between me or his family, that just isn't fair.
- Make that paper. I want him to have a career or if he's still in the process of graduating college, atleast be career oriented and want to succeed. I was raised that you can love a rich man just as easy as you can love a poor man, but I still would prefer for him to have a steady job and career especially with the economy and job market like it is. I want a career so I'd like for my other half to have the same outlook.
- Loyalty. He must be loyal. I want to be able to fully trust him and not worry if he's sleeping with his hot secretary or if he's romancing some rando from eHarmony. I just feel like if you really care about someone, and/or love them, whether to be loyal or not shouldn't even be a question. And if he has cheated in his past, I would never trust him therefore I would probably get rid of him before ever getting too deep into the relationship. Sorry, but I live by the 'once a cheater always a cheater' motto.
- Carebear. I need a guy that's caring, and I mean genuinely caring. I want someone that they see I'm upset, they ask what's wrong and they genuinly want to know what's wrong so they can attempt to make it better. I want someone that genuinely cares how my day is, etc.
- Affectionate. I need a guy that is affectionate. I'm a very affectionate person. I love to be hugged and kissed and cuddled, it makes me feel special. However, I'm not big on PDA. I will hug you and hold your hand and give you a quick peck but I don't do full make out seshes at the bar or at a function and I'm not going to lay all over you because I want you. People that go overboard on PDA make me feel awkward and I vowed to never do that and make anyone feel awkward. So as long as he and I can agree on the minimal PDA, we're set.
Friday, July 8
I'm still trying to find my Nemo.
Everywhere I turn either someone is beginning dating, getting engaged, getting married or they're either breaking up. Considering I have no one to date or break up with I guess I'm in the clear. But with all this relationship, or lack there of, I've started to really think back on my past love interests and the qualities I want in a significant other. I'm at the age where when you start to become interested in someone or start to hang out with someone, you ask yourself if you could see yourself with them long term. I'm not saying I start wondering what my hot babies will look like, I more or less am looking at do we have the same goals, ambitions, etc. I used to laugh and say as long as their tall and hot I'm good but now that I'm older I want so much more out of someone, whether it's short term or long term. The following are in no particular order.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
We basically want the same thing in a guy! So if you find him ask if he has a brother for me ;) lol
ReplyDeleteAwh. Love this list. So sweet. I agree with so many of the qualities too! :) Humor is huge for me- if you can't laugh, life's no fun!
ReplyDelete