Pages

Saturday, July 9

Be happy with what you have.

We are all guilty of wanting what we don't have. We're always trying to keep up with Jones' with the next best and greatest things out there whether it's a new car, new phone, new tv, new hair cut, new house, etc. We are even guilty of wanting intangible things that others have such as happiness and love.

But why is it so hard for us to be grateful for what we do have? I really don't have an answer for that but what I do have is a realization.

Instead of always wanting the next best thing, I need to be happy with what I do have. I have a nice home that I live in now and a just as nice home that I am fixing to move into. I have a working cell phone. I have a nice car. I have my health. I have my family that loves me no matter what. I have my real friends that are there for me. I have my life. I have so many more things to be thankful for but these things that I mentioned before sometimes never seem "good enough." But they are good enough, they're more than good enough. There are people all over that don't have the same luxuries as many of us and we need to remember that the next time we're drooling over something we don't necessarily need. There are people that have much less than we do that are content with their life and they live everyday the best they can and we tend to whine and complain when something isn't going our way.

I'm going to make an effort to remember the great things I do have in my life and I feel like if I do this, I will genuinely make myself a happier person. I should be happy everyday because God has given me another day to grow and become a better person.

1 comment:

  1. Oh my- such a great reminder- and good inspiration! Love this post! :)

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave a little love.