Pages

Saturday, June 11

Thank baby Jesus for Netflix.

No, but seriously. I spent my Friday night glued to my laptop watching Netflix. Yes, I said my laptop.  So, what did I watch? Well I'm here to tell you.

Stomp the Yard: Homecoming
Most people probably haven't seen this movie and honestly I hadn't either until last night. I had seen the first Stomp the Yard years ago and actually didn't know there was a sequel and I was pleased to find that it was actually a good movie. I'm all about some dance videos and I think stepping is so cool. They're so coordinated. This white girl can dance, but I can't step. 

Keeping with the dance theme, I decided to watch an old favorite.

Center Stage
Center Stage is still one of the best dance movies EVER. I danced for 15+ years and every time I watch this movie it makes me miss dance so much more than I already do. 

Then while randomly perusing random movies, I found this bad boy.

3 Ninjas: Kick Back
This where I tell you that I literally squealed when I saw this pop up on my screen. I was in love obsessed with this movie as a youngster. 

Meet Rocky, Colt and Tum Tum and their new Japanese friend Meo (pronouced Me-Oh)
Needless to say, I STILL laughed at this movie which to me means it's a timeless classic or either I'm just as easily amused now as I was then. I mean, look at Tum Tum (cutie in the yellow), how can you not just grin when he's mad they mean Japanese guys took his ding-dongs? I'm sure most of you have never seen this movie and if you haven't you are seriously missing out. I relived my childhood for a good hour and a half and it was great. Most of the movies I enjoyed as a kid aren't available on Netflix for me to instantly play, which sucks. 

I then attempted to watch one of my new faves...

Easy A
but my computer decided to be a douche and it kept freezing and wouldn't play the movie right so I figured that was baby Jesus' way of telling me I should probably go to bed and give Netflix a rest... until tomorrow! Kidding. 

There are so many movies for instant play on Netflix but many of them are super old, as in ancient looking, or they're just movies I've never heard of so I'm not real interested in watching them. Timeless movies like Tommy Boy and Dazed and Confused aren't even available for instant play which really erks me. Netflix will have a rando movie on there but not good ones that people enjoy watching daily. Get a clue Netflix, GET A CLUE! 

Have you ever seen any of these? Especially my fave 3 Ninja one? What are some good, timeless movies that you just love to watch?

3 comments:

  1. I love netflix so much! It's amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like some classics, haha. But seriously, Center Stage..love the scene at the end where she is in the hot little red number on stage.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE Center Stage! HAve you seen Center Stage 2? One of the few movies where I actually like the second one! :P Easy A is also so good!

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave a little love.