Dance
Beyond popular belief, at the age of three I was a very shy child. This cute, tiny, blonde-haired, big blue-eyed girl was shy. At the age of three my parents enrolled me in dance, which at three is ballet, in hopes to open me up and help become less shy. Needless to say, the plan worked. Looking at me now you would never know that I used to hide behind my parents and shyly look around them when people would talk to me.
I remained in dance for 15 years. Throughout the 15 years I took ballet, tap and jazz. For the last three years of high school I even worked at the dance studio. Upon graduating high school, we are no longer allowed to be enrolled in the dance school so when I graduated from high school, I was done. Well, not really-- I have never stopped dancing. I am not ashamed to say that I dance, on a regular basis, in my bedroom. I dance when I go to the bar. I dance in my car. Honestly, if God cut my legs off today I'd just beg him to go ahead and kill me because not being able to dance would seriously kill me.
Dance is my escape. Always has been and always will be.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


I wish I could dance, I am always so jealous of people who can!
ReplyDeleteAwh. I took dance for a few years when I was little, but never stuck with it. Looking back I always wish I would- and this post just made it more so. Glad you have dance! :)
ReplyDelete