Pages

Monday, June 13

Chapter One

Mike and Rhonda aka my creators aka my parentals


Diddy (pronouced did-e) is just your regular, run-of-the-mill, Georgia boy that works his rear end off five days a week as a truck driver. He's quite the simple man. You give him a chair, sweet tea and a tv remote and he's happy. After working as much as he does, I don't blame him. You can always find him napping in his recliner. He's pretty much the designated dog guy because no matter what dog we have, the dog is going to be obsessed with him. When Boston moved to my parent's, he instantly took a liking to Diddy. I've always been a "Diddy's girl" but would you really expect anything less? I am an only child after all. Diddy taught me how to fish, shoot a gun and how to drive. And needless to say, bless my Mama's heart, he has a little more patience with me. He has been a supportive dad. He may have had to miss a few t-ball games or tennis matches or soccer games, mainly due to them falling at awkward times throughout the week but he never missed a dance recital. Dance has always been the only athletic thing I've ever been good at, and I always knew that I could count on him to be there. He may have parked his big truck outside the civic center but he was there. Sometimes I wish I had more of his laid back attitude and his ability to do math, but without even realizing it I have more of his traits that I realize sometimes. Not to mention, I look just like him. 
 
Mama (pronounced ma-ma) has always put me first. When I was younger my dad would sometimes be on the road a lot working, so it was she and I a good amount of the time. Mama always made sure I had a routine and that school came first. Mama commutes an hour to work to Fort Valley where she works at the Farm Service Agency, which means she works for the Department of Agriculture for the government. When I was younger, my mom and I used to butt heads a ton, but that's the same case for every household, and now that I'm older I'm thankful for those moments because I feel like it made the two of us become closer now that I'm older. She always made a point to be involved in everything I did whether it was being a room mother in elementary school to going on field trips with the class to attending every game and recital I ever had. My mom is a very strong willed person that loves to share her opinion whether it's asked for or not, and needless to say I got it honest because I'm the same way. I don't know if "strong-willed" is a part of me but whatever. My mom has always made sure I had the availability to follow my heart and my dreams.


Without my parents, I definitely would be less of a person. They've shaped me into the young lady that sits before you today. I've always laughed and said, "I look like my Diddy but I got my Mama's attitude," and it couldn't be more true. No matter how much they have disagreed with some of my decisions I've made over the years, they've continued to stand by me and help along the way. I know that no matter where I go in life, they'll always be a phone call, plane trip or car ride away. I seriously don't know what I would do without them. Being an only child, I don't have the siblings to be close to and if anything was to ever happen to them I'd be alone. I know not really alone, but you know what I mean. Sometimes in my spastic life, they're my backbone. When I'm in la-la land they snap me back to reality. They've always made sure that I knew that I could do anything I set my mind to. 


Since I know Mama reads this...


I love you and Diddy both and I am truly, truly thankful for everything ya'll have done with me. I know sometimes ya'll want to pinch my head off, but hello, you wouldn't want me any other way. How many other kids do you know that watches Signs with you, randomly goes into the kitchen without you knowing, makes a tinfoil hat, comes back into the living room, sits down, and when you turn around and notice and laugh at me hysterically and ask what I'm doing, can say with a straight face, "I don't want them getting to my brain" or whatever the quote was. You and Diddy both know your life would be boring without me. 


^ above is a true story. 


If any of you wonder why my parents make chapter one then you're crazy. There would be no other chapters if it weren't for them. These two, like I said, have shaped me into who I am along with other people along the way. Those other people will fill the other chapters to come. 

1 comment:

  1. AWHHHH. What a sweet post. Your parents seem like wonderful people! And I know what you mean- growing up my mom and I were at odds most of the time, but since coming to college I have a whole new appreciation for my mom and we're definitely closer! Loved Chapter 1! :)

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave a little love.