John
I would have to say that John was my first real boyfriend and he is excluded from the "long line of losers" statement in the previous chapter.
We were together my entire senior year of high school and I was the one that ended things with him a month before graduation. We weren't compatible but he did treat me extremely well. We were at two different points in our lives and the flame for me had disappeared. For the longest time, he and I didn't speak because after break ups what are you really going to say? I know there were times where he kept in touch with my parents after the fact, which was fine.
John and I came from two different kinds of families. John, my parents and myself practically raised his two youngest siblings while we were dating. His family was kind of broken, and over the years I've noticed I have a knack for picking these kinds of guys because sometimes I think I can "fix" them. I really don't think I consciously do this, however.
Now, years later, John and I are able to speak when we see each other. Naturally the conversations always revolve around how each other is doing these days, etc. John really is a great guy and will make some one very happy some day and will be a great dad. He just wasn't the guy for me.
John showed me that there are nice guys out there. Days when I doubt that, I always remember back to the almost seven months I spent with John.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
this reminds me a lot of my high school boyfriend and I
ReplyDeleteLove that there are nice guys out there- sometimes all it takes is a little reminder!
ReplyDelete