So with A term ending this Thursday, it's actually kind of bittersweet. Actually, just being done with International Studies is bittersweet because I am beyond ready to kick CISM to the curb. I genuinely ENJOY my International Studies class. And I will be honest when I say that me putting the words enjoy and class in the same sentence is a rare occurrence.
While walking from Greek Row to the Forest Drive building isn't exactly a long walk, it's hot as Hades here in South GA, so that part about going to class pretty much blows, but as far as getting up and sitting in class I don't mind it one bit. I am in love with my teacher. He's a rather cute 60+ man who was in the Army for 23+ years and has lived in 45 other countries. He is just precious I tell ya. I enjoy hearing his stories about living in Saudi Arabia and Australia and his visits to Morocco and Egypt and all these other places. I have a sweet love for military guys anyway but he is just oh so great. I've learned so much in his class and I feel like everything that I learned is beneficial to know. Right now we are finishing up the term learning about the Middle East and the Taliban and all that type of stuff and I can honestly say I find it all super interesting. It's interesting because I don't know that much about the topic, other than what is seen on tv, and I want to know more about it than just that we are over there fighting with certain countries. Oh, b-t-dubs, Afghanistan isn't really in the Middle East, just a little fun fact for you. I am a very inquisitive little child that asks tons of questions and I swear just today in class I asked like ten questions. But thankfully they were good questions and he had no problem with answering them. I used to say, "this may be a dumb question," before every question and he always laughed at me because usually they weren't dumb questions I just felt dumb for asking them I guess. I'd love to sit in a room with my teacher all day and him tell me all about his life. It would just be so interesting. I would love to have his adventurous lifestyle so I guess I need to look for that in a husband. On top of how much I love his class, I will be walking out of there with an A. Woo hoo!
Thankfully after Thursday I will be done with classes until late August when fall semester starts but while I may not be taking classes I'll be keeping myself occupied with packing and preparing to move. Ah, the joys of moving!
Have you ever had a class or a teacher that you just absolutely loved and hated to see the semester end?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I loved all my history classes! I'm such a nerd in that way, but I loved all the random facts my teacher would throw out
ReplyDeleteMy accounting professor was like that last semester, and this summer I am loving my sociology prof- I never thought I'd like the class but she is making it enjoyable! :)
ReplyDelete