Pages

Thursday, May 19

Random ramblings...

Surgery update: I went to the E.N.T. yesterday and I don't have to plan on surgery...yet! I have to do two medicines and come back for a check up in a month and see how things are. I wasn't "looking forward" to the prospect of surgery, but I know if I did have it I would feel 100% better but the doctor wants to use surgery as a last resort thing, which makes sense. 

My long lost biffle from high school texted me today asking for my address to send me a wedding invite. It's so weird to think that she's preparing to walk down the aisle. I'm so proud of her though. She just graduated from college and already has a big girl job (in Kansas). It's kind of melted my heart to get the text from her because after our high school graduation, I helped her pack up to leave for college and that was really the last time I saw her (besides creeping on Facebook). We didn't talk as much anymore and by the time my life had shifted to Statesboro communication was almost nonexistent. I always hated it, but I knew that friends sometimes grow apart the older you get and I accepted it. I don't want to say I expected a wedding invitation but after everything we went through in high school, my feelings would have been extremely hurt if I hadn't of received one. Is that wrong? Hope not. 


Thank all of you for your kind words and thoughts on the previous two posts. They  mean a lot and I appreciate the support. Honest. 


While I have been outrageously bored this week being at my parent's, and I am ready to go back to Statesboro this weekend... I have had the chance to regroup and decide where I want my life to go. Yes! 



2 comments:

  1. Hope the new meds help you feel better! Glad you've gotten to spend time at home and you're feeling rejuvenated! :) PS your feelings about wedding invite totally normal, I'm glad you got one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel like every girl at some point goes through that "Thanks for the friendship but don't come back" phase with a friend. It is hard but a crucial part of growing up. It was a lot harder when Bestie first moved out but I moved in with a new roomie (whome I did't know) and she ended up being a ray of sunshine and showed me what true friends were about. She was a bridesmaid in my wedding and we spend every weekend during the summer together.

    I will admit I didn't want to go to Bestie's wedding but I cried the day of her wedding because I felt think it was an important day and I hadn't been included. So I understand you're feelings on being hurt if you hadn't been invited.

    :)

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave a little love.