Sooo if you saw my most recent What I'm Playing Thursday then you saw/listened to my new favorite uber obsession song -- Crazy Girl by Eli Young Band. However, if you didn't here it is for reference.
I cried the first time I heard this song. Why did I cry? Good question. I don't know, ha. I think it more or less made me tear up because I want someone to feel that way about me. For instance -- "...wouldn't last a single day, I'd probably just fade away, without you I'd lose my mind". I want so bad for someone to feel that way about me, legit.
This isn't just about the lyrics to a song, however.
After having a few arguments with a certain special someone, I have come to realize that I will never have these sweet things felt about me or said to me if I don't relax and go with the flow. He knows nothing about my blog but if he did I would want him to see this one message-- I am ever so thankful for him putting up with me. Ya'll I kid you not. I can be quite the difficult character to deal with sometimes and he's still hanging in there after 3 and a half weeks. I find it incredibly sweet that after a knock down drag out argument over something stupid (caused by me, oops) and we hang up angry (which I dislike), he texts me something sweet (not I'm sorry though) and continues to talk and work things out. Maybe I'm weird, but I just find that genuinely sweet. He's had ample opportunities to yell obscenities at me and never talk to me again but he hasn't. We argue, then calm down, talk it out, and things go back to "normal". No, I'm not in a relationship, we are still talking, etc but I've known him since middle/high school so we were able to sort of skip the get-to-know-you phase. I feel like it really says something when after an argument or "disagreement" that someone can still say "you make me happy". How often does that happen? Not very.
"Baby why you wanna cry? You really oughta know that I just have to walk away sometimes. We're gonna do what lovers do, we're gonna have a fight or two, but I ain't ever changing my mind. Crazy girl don't you know that I love you? And I wouldn't dream of going no where. Silly woman, come here, let me hold you. Have I told you lately? I love you like crazy, girl."
awe! no you are not weird girl :) promise. that is sweet and incredibly great you can talk it out and work it out and go back to "normal" despite things! ahh im smiling for you! good luck on finals !
ReplyDeleteWhat a sweet post. I know I can relate to these feelings! And I'm so happy for you, he sounds like a nice guy! :)
ReplyDelete