Pages

Wednesday, April 27

10 reasons why I love college

This is written in good humor. It's written to be laughed at. NO JUDGING ALLOWED.
 
Since my what-should-have-been graduation date is in 17 days I thought I would reflect on how great college is and why I'm never leaving... (insert smirk and giggle here)

In a common conversation, people always ask me "Michelle, when are you graduating?" and I always reply "they're gonna have to kick me out!" (all said in good humor and giggling at the time).  I promise I will graduate eventually, hopefully December 2012 or May 2013 and I am rather content with knowing that by May 2013 I will have been in college 6 years. No judging allowed, remember.

10 reasons why I love college
1. Staying up til 3am is no biggie because you know you don't have to wake up for class til at least 11.
2. Drinking excessively is widely accepted (sadly).  Everyone always laughs and quotes, "it's not called alcoholism til you graduate!". Hmmm, maybe that's why some of my friends haven't graduated yet? (insert laugh here)
3. You know all the drink specials at every bar in the Plaza (this applies to GSU students).
4. I can mismatch and wear whatever I want any day of the week to attend class and no one even notices.
5. I can sit in class and tweet, Facebook, and read TSM til my little heart just can't take it anymore. I'm pretty sure the real world doesn't approve of this.
6.Meeting tons and tons of people.
7. Weekends start on Thursday.
8. Derby Days, Paddy Murphy, Gator Getdown, Old South, and Swamp Party are like holidays (for Greeks that is).
9. My Christmas break is approximately 6 weeks long.
10. I've learned a lot about who I am and the real world just can't handle me yet!

From my head to yours...
Live for nights you'll never remember with the friends you'll never forget. If there's no picture of it, it didn't happen. Red hunch punch can come out of white pants with a lot of help from Shout and every other stain remover imaginable. Don't park in 30 minute parking for 4 hours. Make friends with the people in your classes. If you're Greek, don't be bitches, make friends with other sororities and people that are not Greek. Laugh as much as possible. If you have the chance to go Greek, GO GREEK! Take fitness walking, it's the easiest A of your life. Never take tomorrow for granted, it's not always promised. Last but not least, DATE! Date different people. Have fun and meet tons of people. Don't settle on just one unless that's just your thing. I'm a flirt so that's probably why I'm saying this, but because I've talked and dated different people in different fraternities and organizations I've had the ability to meet many different people that I may not otherwise have had the opportunity to meet.

I hope ya'll got a little laughter out of this and if not then sorry bout it. 

XOXO, Michelle

4 comments:

  1. ohhh college! I will definitely miss it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute post! I completely agree with making friends in class. It makes courses so much more fun, and it's just neat meeting new and different people each term.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness - love this post, no judging here! :) #4 is great, and the from my head to yours is great too! Definitely had a good laugh, thanks for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hahaha!! Gotta love everything that's acceptable in college!!

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave a little love.