So I'm the nerd that skipped watching the Grammy's to watch a 2-hour long documentary on the Queen of England on TLC. Call me crazy, but I'm obsessed. The whole concept of the monarch is so unique and interesting I just couldn't help but watch it. I also never realized how much scandal the British monarch had going on all this time but this definately gave the entire world insight none of us knew. With Prince William and Kate getting married soon, it has people tossing around comments wondering if these two will have a successul drama-free marriage. Almost every marriage the monarch has had has ended in failure. I love love love Kate Middleton and when her time comes, I think she'll make a beautiful queen. Maybe I can fly to England and make Prince Harry fall in love with me so I can be her bestie, because I think Harry is just dreamy. I'm sure none of ya'll are as engrossed by Britain as I am but have you ever noticed how miserable Queen Elizabeth always looks? Did you know she's actually the Queen of the Commonwealth realms, not just of England. What that means is that she's queen of multiple countries, even the Bahamas. Google it if you don't believe me. I just find her and the entire monarch just fascinating. I'm such a dork! The official website of the British monarchy is saved in my favorites and has been for a while but I've never really told anybody until now... hahahahaha
 |
| Queen Elizabeth's personal flag |

 |
I love Princess Diana!
|
 |
| Is she gorgeous or what? |
Fun fact: Kate's engagement ring is the same engagement ring Prince Charles gave Diana.
Don't hate on my nerdy obsession with the royal family.
I'm right there with you girl - I love English history. In grade school I took a summer camp class on England and I've been in love ever since! I got to study abroad in London this summer which was a dream come true - there was so much to see - not to mention so much pomp and circumstance with the changing of the guards at Buckingham Palace -too cool! :)
ReplyDelete