I’ve thoroughly enjoyed getting emails and comments from you lovely ladies lately, and one topic each of you hit on was my ability to be open and honest on my blog in general and about certain topics. With that said, I thought I would take the time to give ya’ll a little insight to my honesty.
I’m a very open and honest person in everyday life. I don’t sugarcoat things for people and sometimes yes, this is a problem. I was born without a filter, seriously, so whatever pops in my head is going to come out of my mouth, or in this case, my fingertips. Some people do see me as rude and blunt, and that really doesn’t bother me. I am a horrible liar. It’s written all over my face and my mannerisms when I lie or even attempt to lie, so it’s easier for me to tell the truth even if it means something bad happens. I also hate being lied to. The worst feeling in the world is feeling like you weren’t worth the truth. Well ya’ll are worth the truth. If I’m willing to write a blog about it, ya’ll deserve to know the facts and how I really feel. Who wants to read a blog that’s fake? No one. Because I sure don’t. If there’s ever a topic you want to discuss via blog land but are afraid to because you aren’t as open as me, talk to me about it, send me an email or Facebook me, and I'll address it and I won’t have to say your name in the blog post if you wouldn’t want me to. There will be days – much like Tuesday- where I have a horrible day, and cry all day and I will want to write about it. There will be days where I’m angry and I want to vent about it. There will be days where I’m blissfully happy too. I write whatever I feel best suits me that day honestly. And I view my readers and followers as “friends” and I treat ya’ll as I treat my friends outside the blogging world. While I am open and honest on my blog I’m not going to write posts about sex or any familial problems because those things are better left between the people it involves. This blog is a way for me to express myself and my feelings sort of like a journal I guess, but a journal the entire world can read. I want to be able to look back in December (or next year) and see what I was thinking about in February because let’s face it, I have the memory of an 80 year old. I don’t expect ya’ll to agree with me all the time on the things I write about or say, but I do expect ya’ll to keep an open mind while reading whatever ramblings I post that day because there will be times where my roots- those Southern Baptist, small town, narrow minded roots- will shine through in full force and I will do my best to temper those because many of you are not from the South, and since we were all raised differently we do have different viewpoints on various topics. I welcome diversity and your thoughts on whatever I may write but please don’t be rude to me via comments or email. If you have a concern about something I’ve said, email me but be tactful in the way you approach me. Remember, people reading your writing can’t tell your tone of voice. If your first three words are rude, I’m going to feel attacked and will read the rest of your email on the defensive. No, no one has sent me any rude emails I’m just addressing the topic. Remember, I’m honest about everything! Ya’ll are precious to me and I look forward to reading ya’lls blogs daily because yes, I do read ya’lls stuff daily just as if I talk to certain friends on the reg. In all actuality, ya’ll know more about what’s going on inside my head than people I see and talk to religiously, it’s kinda funny how that works. I want to start this new Q and A sesh where ya’ll ask me questions via email or comments and I address them in a blog post. What do ya’ll think? I have a knack for playing Dr. Phil and I would enjoy talking about different topics and/or helping ya’ll with something. Give me feedback on that idea pretty please!
I’m off to my weekly lunch date with my sorority sister Abby. Remember ladies, I love ya’ll like a fat kid loves cake!
XOXO, Michelle

Personally, I think it's rad that you're so open and honest. It's the best way to be! If someone doesn't like it, they can hit the road! :)
ReplyDeleteHave a good day girl!
great post girl!! I love how open you are about things! :) xoxo
ReplyDeleteI'm a really open person too and I've debated about how much I want to share in my blog...your making me want to share more though!
ReplyDeleteHi Michelle - I'm excited to be a new follower of Southern Ambition - your posts are really inspiring and I can really relate to them, especially about body image and stressing about school! I think the Q&A session blogs are a great idea- I'd definitely read those!
ReplyDeleteHope you have a fun lunch date!:)
I love how open and honest you are -- I feel like I relate to everything you say, ha (which is why I always look forward to reading your blog)! And I LOVE the Q&A session idea! So fun!
ReplyDelete