1. Don't settle for less than you deserve. Uh, DUH! Except I am super guilty of settling sometimes, but not anymore! Either you treat me right, or you're outta here pal! Take me on a date, and by date I mean a legit restaurant like Longhorn or Olive Garden, not Dingus happy hour and not Rum Runners on Tuesday for dollar daqs (even though I do love Dingus and dollar daqs). Hang out with me with nooooo alcohol involved. If you're thirsty, drink water or a Coke, not a Rum and Coke. Oh, and hang out with me one-on-one sometimes. I like your fraternity brothers, and while they are oh-so-fun to hang out with, I'm interested in you, not your entire chapter. I spent a majority of 2010 talking to guys that were not worth a minute of my time. Some of these guys took up months of my time for it to end abruptly. Well not anymore, either you show me respect or I'm cutting it off before it ever gets started. I know that there are quite a few girls here that are out for one thing, and while I'm not seeking out a relationship, I like to keep that option open, I will not be treated like a "non-classy woman"... 'Nuf said!
2. You find out who your friends are. As I look back at things from this past year, I can really start to see who my "real" friends are. I have learned that just because you are in a sorority of 100+ girls, that not all of them are going to have your back. I was sad to discover this, but hey things aren't always how we imagine them. I know which sisters I can count on and the ones I can't. As far as friends in other sororities, I have quite a few but none as close as my 3 ADPi's. These girls have sat and listened when I needed it, and kicked my rear-end when I needed it too. They never hesitate to tell me like it is, but they also never hesitate to give me a hug when it's needed too.
![]() |
| Erin, Me, and Emily |
| Me and Whitney |
"The best friends are the ones that you don’t have to talk to everyday, who understand why you didn’t take their advice to not call him or why you keep going back to him again. The ones who call you at 4am to let you know they’re drunk, who listen when they’ve heard the same story a thousand times, the ones who call just to say hi. & whether you’re dancing on the table or passed out drunk, they’ll turn & say, “Hell yeah, that’s my best friend.”
3. You make your own happiness. Happiness doesn't come in a bottle, no matter how good wine, beer, or vodka tastes. Hapiness doesn't come from a boy. Happiness comes from you. They say you make your own misery, well you make your own happiness too. I'm the happiest when I'm with my friends, those real ones, just doing nothing but watching tv and laughing and talking about anything and everything. I'm the happiest when I see I've made an A on an assignment or a test that I thought I didn't do so great on. I'm the happiest when I'm being myself. When I'm talking nonstop and laughing at things that aren't even funny. I love being me. Small things make me happy, like a nice text message, a 79 cent drink from Parker's with the crushed ice, a Subway sandwich with tons of pickles on it, a warm bed to sink into, and watching my Eagles run onto the football field. The little things that make me happy, make up who I am. I'm sometimes a little weird, but I wouldn't want me any other way. Once you realize what makes you happy, you don't need anything else...
XOXO, Michelle

No comments:
Post a Comment
Feel free to leave a little love.