While here I've met some phenomenal people, some detrimental people, made wise choices, and regrettable mistakes. I've sought solace in professors who I now treasure and value as mentors. I've learned a lot of lessons. I've learned that when your liver is begging you to not drink that last beer, you listen and put it down. I've learned to be cautious about who you trust and who you call a friend. I've learned more about myself in the last year than I could have ever anticipated and I'm thankful. I'm thankful for those true friends who have, through good and bad, stood by me and helped me up and dusted me off when I was down. I'm surprisingly thankful for those bad "friends." Through every experience I've learned something.
While I've learned a lot from some of the people I've met throughout my college career, I have to admit I'm glad to leave many some of them behind-- from the friend who only called when no one else would go to happy hour with her to the guy who only called when his flavor of the week month had realized what a douchebag he was. However, I am happy to take many of the people I've met with me. The next six months to a year is going to be a trying time. I'm going to learn, yet again, who my real friends are. I'm going to really learn what means the most to me. At times throughout my college career I think I told myself particular things meant the world to me when, in hindsight, they didn't and were actually the "wrong" thing to care so much about.
I came here a wide-eyed, naive, 18-year-old and I leave here a strong, independent, mature 24-year-old. I will take the knowledge acquired through the last six years and move forward. I must now take a leap of faith and pray I land on my feet.

No comments:
Post a Comment
Feel free to leave a little love.