Pages

Wednesday, May 16

Panhellenic Love

I've been an alumna of what I feel is the best Panhellenic organization on the planet, but maybe I'm a little biased. The first house on Olympic Boulevard was home away home and even now as an alumna, when I go to visit and participate in different activities it still feels like home.

This isn't about my love for Kappa and all the joy and togetherness it has brought me over the years, this is about our conference as a whole. Not only do I have thousands of Kappa sisters, I have even more Panhellenic sisters.

Fun facts about the National Panhellenic Conference


  • Most "sororities" are actually women's fraternities but for this purpose, they will be called sororities.
  • The National Panhellenic Conference was founded in 1902.
  • Our conference is comprised of over 4 million sorority women.
  • Alpha Delta Pi was the first sorority founded.
  • Kappa Kappa Gamma was founded the same year as Kappa Alpha Theta.
  • Phi Mu is the second oldest sorority.
  • On May 24, 1902, the women of Alpha Phi, Pi Beta Phi, Kappa Alpha Theta, Kappa Kappa Gamma, Delta Gamma, Gamma Phi Beta and Delta Delta Delta met in Chicago organized the conference we are now a part of. 
  • The crest is composed of symbols that are symbolic of its members' beliefs and ideas and the organization as a whole.
    • The shield symbolizes the protective influence on its' members.
    • The lamp represents the pursuit of leadership, scholarship and enlightenment.
    • The laurel wreath denotes the victory of achieving ideals.
    • Thee sword piercing the wreath signifies the willingness to fight and stand up for one's ideals, penalty of obligation, as well as bravery, achievement and discipline.
    • The mantle inscribed with the words "National Panhellenic Conference"  symbolizes how education and knowledge give its members a protective cloak.

1 comment:

Feel free to leave a little love.