Pages

Saturday, May 19

Just be you


In the post prior to this one, I mentioned my admiration of Kelly Cutrone. I guess I would consider her my idol. After reading Normal Gets You Nowhere I started to think about who I am as a person and my quirks; you know, the things some people may find odd about you but you absolutely love them about yourself.

Let's see...

I have a ridiculous, obnoxious obsession with Jeopardy.
I STILL sleep with my lifelong teddy bear, Happybear.
I eat the same meals at the same restaurants every time I go.
I'm an OCD cleaner.
I don't like peanut butter, jelly, chili, peanuts and various other foods that most people enjoy.
I'm not a huge fan of chocolate.
I'm very routine.
I don't like sappy, romantic movies. 
I enjoy visiting museums and will visit the same one a dozen times.
I actually like the taste of beer.

Those are just a few. But just those few things make me who I am. They add to my personality and make me unique. 

There is no exact definition of what "normal" is. Normal is whatever you see fit, in my opinion. What I deem as normal may not be what you see as normal. It varies. We as people vary. That's what makes us awesome. 

Be a fruit loop in a world full of cheerios.

That doesn't mean do things to purposely stand out. Be yourself and don't try to do this and that to be like everyone else. Somebody, somewhere loves you for you and see you as normal, so embrace your quirks.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a little love.