Pages

Thursday, December 8

All Bama jokes aside...

I have a lot of respect for Carson Tinker of the Alabama Crimson Tide. As an Auburn fan, those words would normally not come ouf of my mouth. Carson lost his girlfriend during the tornadoes that ripped through Tuscaloosa in April. Tonight, during the football awards ceremony, he received the Disney Sports Spirit Award and they talked about his girlfriend and what all he has been through. I couldn't imagine the one I love being literally taken right out from under me. All Bama jokes aside... my heart hurts for him and for the pain all of Tuscaloosa and the Bama students endured. I couldn't imagine being in that kind of situation and I hope I never have to find out. This is the only time you'll ever see me say Roll Tide.

2 comments:

  1. Carsons story is so sad. It's great that people can push their fan loyalty aside to honor those that went thru the devastating tragedy. Roll Tide!

    ReplyDelete
  2. He is SUCH a great guy... as are many of the Alabama football players. It is a shame all that he has gone through but what doesn't kill us only makes us stronger. He is a great speaker and often speaks at churches !

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave a little love.