I tweep.
Twitter + Creep = Tweep
And what have I noticed on my tweeping expedition?
Twitter has turned into the new eHarmony. I kid you not.
I am guilty of befriending certain people on Twitter and after DM'ing for weeks, eventually we exchange digits and text and sometimes Skype. I've come to notice that it's not an abnormal occurrance. One of my Twitter friends and I text about various people on Twitter, kind of like a high school gossip sesh, and we always hit on the people that "met" on Twitter and are now dating. One girl has "met" and dated at least two guys from Twitter. There are quite a few people that "met" via Twitter then met in real life and eventually started to dating. After she and I had talked about all of this, she texted me last week to tell me she was doing the dreaded thing we had talked so much about. I couldn't help but laugh and told her to keep me posted. The boy she went on a date with and I follow each other now and converse frequently and this is proving how much I hate acting like I don't know things because I always want to tell him I know what's going on between him and my other Twitter friend. Just yesterday I noticed two people having kind of mushy tweets and then the two would tweet at each other and I kind of wondered what was going on. Well today, I tweeped and yep, the two totally went on a date last night while he is in the same state as her for "vacation"... mighty convenient vacation, just saying (wink wink).
I am in no way, shape, or form hating on people that "meet" via Twitter. I guess it's really no different than if you meet via eHarmony or Match but I'm pretty sure the creators of Twitter didn't intend for the site to be used as such.
What are your feelings on people "meeting" via Twitter then meeting and real life and eventually dating? Do you think it's a little off? What do you think in general?
Dont even get me started on this like seriously if you want a date go pay website like every other person in this world who chooses to go that route. Stooping to twitter is an all time low if you ask me because twitter wasn't created for tht, you state valid point!
ReplyDeleteI've never understood the purpose of Twitter, but I suppose that's my generation. However, just don't tweet during class!
ReplyDeleteI had no idea that was going on. I find it both awesome and hysterical.
ReplyDelete