Pages

Wednesday, October 26

Unanswered questions

I have been blessed with the curse of having to have the last word and wanting to know why someone did what they did (i.e. hurt my feelings, lied, cheated, etc). I will beat myself up for a while over why someone decided to quit talking to me or why someone lied to me. I will tell myself over and over to just let it go and on the other hand I'm telling myself to stand up for myself and just ask. Then, once I've asked I'm stuck with the agony of waiting for an answer, an answer I may or may not get. No answer is still an answer in my book. Instead of chalking everything up to him being a douchebag, I put myself through the wonderment of what the deal was. Why? Hell if I know but I seriously need to stop. I need to get over not having an answers for everything. I just hate feeling like I did all I could to be nice or to be this way or that way and then without a second thought, I get kicked aside.

Does anyone else have this problem? How do you just walk away from the people that hurt you or don't give your feelings any thought?

3 comments:

  1. Totally have this problem to! Learning to let go of it because it only makes me feel worse! Just realize that everything happens for a reason (cliche but so true) and that you are right where you need to be!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! I just stumbled upon your blog through the Pinteresting linkup and it's really cute! It's actually interesting that you wrote about this. I haven't gotten very far in your blog to know exactly what's going on but I'm actually going through the same thing. I always beat myself up over things and I try to figure out what I did wrong. I'm learning that as time goes on, I just have to accept the fact that I WAS with a douchebag and there was nothing I could've done differently to change the circumstances....that I would've been comfortable with at least. Anyway, I know you didn't ask for a book on my story, but I just wanted you to know that you aren't the only one who feels this way. I just have faith that it will get better as time goes on.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I swear we share the same brain sometimes. I go through this ALL the time. I feel like I can't really move on until I have answers. I'm working on not needing those answers to make myself better

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave a little love.