Pages

Saturday, July 16

11 Signs He's Not Headed Toward a Relationship with You via Yahoo

My mom sent me a link from Yahoo that was titled "11 Signs He's Not Headed Toward a Relationship with You" in hopes that I'll see that I usually don't do anything wrong, the guy just generally isn't wanting something with me, which then I in turn hope he doesn't want it with anyone. I thought I would share these 11 things with you because I know I am not the only chick in this world that has this same issue. My commentary on the subject matter will be in italics.

1. He texts instead of calls, or he texts more often than he calls. When a guy likes a girl, he wants to hear her voice.

My issue with this is that texting is a big thing for our generation. I generally hate talking on the phone, but I will say that there has been times where the boy I liked would call and talk to me for hours and it really made a difference. Your signals don't get crossed because you can hear their tone of voice, etc. Plus, it's more personal. I'm guilty of texting more than one person at a time and texting while I'm out like at a bar but if you're on the phone with someone, they usually have your undivided attention.

2. He finds a reason to blow you off or be late more times than not. Don't make excuses. If a guy likes you and wants to continue hanging out with you, he'll find a way to do so.

I can totally agree with this. This goes along with the 'if he wants to talk to you, he will' scenario.

3. He talks to his ex girlfriends. Nothing makes a guy forget his ex like a girl he wants to be with. If he continues talking with an ex, that's the first sign that he's either not over a prior girlfriend or he's just not that into you.

True story. Exes are just that, EXES and that's where they should remain. I'm still cordial to my exes but you don't see me talking to them constantly and I definitely don't blow off someone I do like for an ex. I feel like this is a biiig thing to pay attention to.

4. He avoids introducing you to his friends. He should be proud of you, want to show you off and want to include you in his life.

This is where I have a slight issue. Sometimes I already know his main group of friends because I hang out with them too. So what then? If I already know his friends, how could he possibly introduce me to them. This probably applies more to guys you don't generally hang out with.

5. He avoids even minor instances of intimacy in public. Not all guys are comfortable with PDA, but the guy Mike in this article says that if he really likes someone, no matter what he's generally comfortable doing, he'll atleast put his arm around her and give her a kiss on the cheek.

I don't like guys that won't show me attention in public. If a guy only shows you attention when you two are alone, I take that as he doesn't really like me. If a guy likes you, he isn't going to mind showing it, even in the slightest way.

6. He doesn't use the pronoun "we" or use it in the future tense. If he talks about a great new restaurant he discovered, but doesn't add, "We should go there sometime"-- and maybe he just says, "I go there alot"-- then he's not interested in sharing things with you. Plus guys who are into girls want to explore with them-- not sit on the couch on every date.

7. He doesn't do something sweet for you atleast once a week. That doesn't mean he's buying you a dozen roses but he should have said or done something that made you go "Aw!" in the last seven days.

I really appreciate guys that think enough of me to say sweet things or show sweet gestures. If a guy never says or does anything sweet for me I do generally pump the brakes because I usually do take that as he isn't into me.

8. He doesn't ask questions about your family and friends.

9. He doesn't initiate atleast 80% of the things you do together. “I call this the 80/20 rule,” explains Mike.“When I don’t like a girl, the 80% drops significantly. I’m not even aware of it. I’ll get off the phone and never close the conversation with a set of plans.” Note that it doesn’t have to be exact plans, but it should at least be, “Let’s hang out later this week and we’ll do dinner. I’ll call you tomorrow.”
10. He doesn't remember your one month anniversary.

11. He hasn't posted a picture of you together on Facebook  within two months of the first date. Guys who are excited about you will post and tag your beautiful face!
I've never really thought much about this, but if you really like someone you want people to know that you two are together.

I'm going to keep these 11 things in mind but I'm not going to let them control every situation I'm in. This isn't going to dictate my dating life, but these things kind of strike me as red flags we all need to see when potentially trying to date someone.

Here's the actual link to the Yahoo article if you'd like to send it to others -- 11 Signs He's Not Heading Toward a Relationship with You

4 comments:

  1. I wouldn't have let a guy get to number four with me. He isn't worth it, and is wasting my time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this! Thank you for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like this article. I'm not a fan of #10, because half the time I don't remember the one month anniversary. It's the one year that would bother me.

    *JRB

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave a little love.