skip to main |
skip to sidebar
Wedding season/Mr. Right Now
June has always been the prime wedding month. Even my parents got married in June. Now that I'm older and I have friends or know of acquaintances that are getting married this month or in general it always makes me think about my nonexistent love life. This is not a woe-is-me post because I'm content with how things are at this moment.
Realizing that I'm old enough to be married and to have friends be married is so weird to me. I know it wasn't uncommon for couples to get married right out of high school but as the times have changed getting married that young isn't a common sight anymore. And when I do see it, I always wonder how long their marriage will last. Just a thought-- how do you, at 18, know that he/she is the one? To be quite honest, at almost 22, I still wonder how anyone knows if he/she is the one. Mine may need to wear a gigantic sign so I don't miss it. He may even need to have a song and dance.
Sometimes I feel like we are always searching for Mr. Right that was kind of exclude the Mr. Right Nows. How do we know that Mr. Right Now may not evolve into Mr. Right? That's just it, we don't. If we always hold out and knit-pick every guy apart because he doesn't seem to fit the profile we've always dreamed of, you could be missing out on someone that may be very good for you. This is the part where I constantly tell myself that I need to be taking my own advice.
my friends haven't started the whole getting married thing, but I have to admit I can't wait til we are all that age- I love weddings! I love your advice too- it's such a good reminder and so true. Last year I was so into the mr. right thing and it wasn't going anywhere and so I told myself I was going to stop looking so hard for a guy and just see what happened and lo and behold a few weeks after that I was introduced to Jake by a mutual friend and here we are almost a year and a half later! ha!!
ReplyDelete